Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Tesla decision
Quote | Reply
I test drove a new Tesla S, a 2014 Audi A 6 and a 2014 BMW 535i and surprisingly was the most meh about the 535i both in terms of the interior and the actual drive. And I do love the exterior. The Audi looks good and drove well but mostly I don't like the local dealer.

The Tesla however really got my attention and the drive was impressive, as is the interior. And it looks good from the outside too, but I still think we will wait. We will install solar panels and Tesla power walls in the near future, and in 2-3 years grab a 1-3 year old Tesla S.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First world problems.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
First world problems.

That was an excellent summation of the situation barrister.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
First world problems.

Dude must have a job with a good employer.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the Tesla resale values like?

Here in Oz, the asking price for near new Tesla's are crazy high, but I don't know what they are actually selling for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez- I should start writing for ST. Put in a good word for me?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BMW and Audi etc drop about 40% of their value in the first 2-3 years and it is similar with Tesla. Tesla S New is $85,000 at least but I could get a 3-4 year old S today with maybe 30,000 miles for 45-50K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the tesla. You won't regret it. Combustion technology for autos is so 20th century.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a model S, and I'm in the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm actually looking forward to moving on from it. I drive to much for the range that I have. Two weeks ago I hit 0 range about 4 miles from the supercharger, it made it, but that didn't mean that i didn't sweat the entire way getting there. Once the infrastructure is built out better than it is now, then they will be great.

Let me know if you have any questions.

As to what is going to replace the Model S, probably a Panamera is the first choice right now.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert,

Thanks for the prompt in regards to the powerwall. It used to be that you could not order the powerwall without being a solar city customer. Seems like you now can. Going to ring them up. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm kinda stumped as to why you're worried about what the outside of a car that you're going to be on the inside of. The inside is where you have to be to use the car, put your priorities there.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are the kind of person they must have had in mind when they came out with the Aztec.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or worse a Tesla.

Practicality or vanity. That's the choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That BMW was a turd. Go test drive the G30 (current 5 series). That’s a hell of a car.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The Tesla decision [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply