Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Draining swamp?
Quote | Reply
How does protecting banks from consumer class action suits (Wells Fargo anybody?) draining swamp?
51-50 in senate (pence tie breaker, no dems for and graham and guy from La against). Can't wait to see tax cuts & how repubs will be treating Main Street.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Oct 25, 17 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
How does protecting banks from consumer class action suits (Wells Fargo anybody?) draining swamp?
51-50 in senate (pence tie breaker, no dems for and graham and guy from La against). Can't wait to see tax cuts & how repubs will be treating Main Street.

Its all about Trump and his billionaire buddies.|I just don't understand how his blue collar base believes "he's one of us".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nail on the head....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now carny in chief is interviewing for US Attorney in crucial areas (DC, NY, sFL)... wonder why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trial lawyers are the deepest, darkest denizens of the swamp. (Remember John Edwards?) They're also big democRat donors, so this is welcome news.
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not big fan of frivolous law suits and some trial lawyers either, but this stacks deck for bankers. Graham voted with dems because several vet groups complained of predatory practices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know the particulars of this bill so I’m just speaking generally here.

Arbitration is almost always better than litigation.

In a war between bankers and trial attorneys I’ll reluctantly root for the bankers.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mind was drifting but believe panelist said banks won over 80% of arbitration cases over what time period I am not sure. I worked for bank many moons ago....bunch of cracksackers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
My mind was drifting but believe panelist said banks won over 80% of arbitration cases over what time period I am not sure. I worked for bank many moons ago....bunch of cracksackers.

So the plaintiffs had no case 80% of the time....

And what percentage of litigated cases did they win?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So the plaintiffs had no case 80% of the time....

The banks have teams of highly paid lawyers so just because the arbitration cases are ruled in their favor, doesn't always mean there is no case.

I've been involved in enough audits of financial institutions to know that in about 90% of the cases, my money would be on the plaintiffs when facing a large bank or investment firm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

In a war between bankers and trial attorneys I’ll reluctantly root for the bankers.

Even if the bank is Wells Fargo?

What you're missing here is that the war is not between bankers and trial attorneys, it's between banks and their customers.

How egregiously can a bank behave before you'll (reluctantly) root for the consumer?
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Even if the bank is Wells Fargo?

What you're missing here is that the war is not between bankers and trial attorneys, it's between banks and their customers.

How egregiously can a bank behave before you'll (reluctantly) root for the consumer?

Wells Fargo broke the law and got in trouble for it.

The bill that passed yesterday wouldn’t have changed that.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like the Secretary of the Interior is populating the swamp with Whitefish. $300 million no bid contract given to two a two person firm from his hometown. No sir, nothing swampy about that.

Even FEMA doesn't want to be associated with this stench.
Quote Reply
Re: Draining swamp? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumb bastards... and zenke & son likely culprits. Tax plan a real pip too! And Russia probe thickens. Nothing a few thousand more lies can't erase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumb bastards... and zenke & son likely culprits. Tax plan a real pip too! And Russia probe thickens. Nothing a few thousand more lies can't erase.

Not a bad week in Trump world...

Quote Reply