Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An IM70.3 is NOT an Ironman. IM Mt Tremblant is currently open for Tier 3 General Entry ... hasn't even got to Tier 4.
Quote Reply
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my bad, I saw tremblant and automatically thought of the 70.3 that I was looking at..

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipp80 wrote:
Interesting article from a couple of weeks ago about Phoenix.

https://www.thenation.com/...ecome-uninhabitable/

Very interesting. I heard last week that there is an extreme weather index that the government keeps and that it indicates that weather is indeed getting more extreme. I'm sure a google search should bear these facts out easily. Now, do I believe it is due to global warming? I have no idea. The world is too old and I don't know if what we are seeing is part of the natural cycle. Or maybe we are killing ourselves as many would have us believe. However, the way I see it weather is indeed getting more and more extreme. I would love to do IM Florida and IM Maryland one day but living out West I can't justify the risk associated with signing up for those races. The way things have been going chances are the swim will be cancelled or the course will be somehow modified. And no, I have never, ever had any desire to do any sort of race in NOLA. I can also see that one getting shut down right quick...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Very few line up for a sufferfest. Most are looking at races with easy down river swims. That’s today’s reality.

And complain about the championship venue being "too hard".

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s true. The majority choose their entire race season based solely on easy races. Most aren’t even looking for a challenge or something different.

I decided to come back to NOLA this year after abysmal conditions last year. It was my worst race last year but I wanted another shot, plus my wife loved the trip.

Toby wrote:
Quote:
Very few line up for a sufferfest. Most are looking at races with easy down river swims. That’s today’s reality.

And complain about the championship venue being "too hard".
Quote Reply
Re: Frequent Crazy Weather, How will it Affect Triathlon? [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fooled by randomness
Quote Reply

Prev Next