Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Week 7
Quote | Reply
One question ... are the Rams for real???

Saints with an nice win streak. I'm still not buying, but ...

Giants falling to 1-6. Niiice.

Bears with a win over Cam Newton.

What a dog game ... Browns vs Titans. Was watching the end and OT...bartender couldn't figure out how to change the channel to switch to a different game! GAH!

Cardinals, Colts, and Broncos all shutout so far this week.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also ... Titans lucky to win that game in OT since the first FG try was flagged dead, but the kick was no good. With the down replayed, the kick won the game.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Packers lost. Let's. ake sure to highlight that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is really one of the strangest seasons I've seen since moving the US. The Eagles have the best record in the league and so far seems to be the only team without glaring problems. Chiefs looked unbeatable then lose 2, including one against the Steelers, one week after the said Steelers get killed with Big Ben throwing INTs like Tony Romo in a 4th quarter in December. Carolina gets its offense back for a few games then it disappears. Broncos looked strong and suddenly become terrible. Seahawks looked horrendous and suddenly look like a good football team. And neither the Falcons nor the Pats look like they are SB contenders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Broncos hadn’t been shutout since 1992. 10 points in last two games. offense is MIA.

Time to tank and get a QB in the draft?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Broncos hadn’t been shutout since 1992. 10 points in last two games. offense is MIA.

Is it the QB or everything surrounding the QB?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
davec wrote:

Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
One question ... are the Rams for real???

I don't really watch football, but when I heard the Rams hired a 30 year old coach in the off-season, I was curious what the team would be like and decided to follow them. Now I'm a fan. McVay seems like the real deal. Maybe its still too early, but you can see he really has that leadership quality that makes his players work hard and respect him. He is proving that you don't need to be an old grizzled white guy to coach a football team to victory. So far at least.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, the Seahawks always look crappy for awhile at some point- just in the last few years they’ve started to look alright at other times ;)

Anyways, we were all watching that game today and our group pretty much decided that we’re only going to watch the second half of Seattle’s games, as that’s the only time anything ever happens (:
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
davec wrote:

Anyone who thinks Trevor Siemian is anything more than a backup is in denial of reality. They have gone 35 possessions with 1 touchdown. Vance Joseph and Mike McCoy cannot make an adjustment to save their lives and McCory found a way to win with Tebow!
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the meantime, the Pats looked a lot better yesterday but then, it's hard to really know because the Sarkisian-led offense of the Falcons sure doesn't look like Shanahan's.
What the hell was that 4th down attempt in the 1st half? Way to tell your opponent 'hey we're scared, so we're going to take stupid risks'...
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
In the meantime, the Pats looked a lot better yesterday but then, it's hard to really know because the Sarkisian-led offense of the Falcons sure doesn't look like Shanahan's.
What the hell was that 4th down attempt in the 1st half? Way to tell your opponent 'hey we're scared, so we're going to take stupid risks'...

The Falcons offense looks broken without Shanahan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MNF

Everything seems to point to an Eagles loss tonight. It would be a log jam at 5-2 teams with a number of 4 win teams right behind everyone. This season seems to be about parity in the NFL.

Most of the sports talking heads locally have this as a must win! That just adds an unnecessary level of pressure. I hate when they do that. It makes it harder for the players to tune out the noise. More of a must win for Washington IMO. Which adds to the things working against the birds. Cousins is playing better since the week 1 meeting.

I thought this morning that Washington with the points would be a good bet. Not that I would bet against my home team but for arguments sake. But there's just enough working against them that I like their chances a little more. Hopefully a good game tonight.

BTW - if the NFL wants to continue with Thursday night football why not schedule the teams coming off a by in that time slot. Then they won't be off a short week so hopefully the games would be better and they'd still get a long layoff after the game.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of the next 3 games could be considered trap games, but I don't think any are must wins. Yet, with the Redskins being the next best team in the NFC East, a win would be valuable for the first tiebreaker if they ended with even records. I'm feeling good about the game. I like that we have it at home. Run defense will have a good test against the Skins. Norman isn't playing. I'd like to see us come out and keep the pass/run balance.

Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 7 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from not giving up a TD, that was the worst start to a game ever! Wow.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fuck Ed Hacoli or how ever you spell his name. The refs are going to ruin this game

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply