Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector 3
Quote | Reply
Just ordered Garmin Vector 3 - Anyone used them yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you order from? I called Garmin yesterday about the Vector 3 because their website has been quoting 3-5 weeks for the last several months. The customer service rep told me that Garmin always ships to their preferred retailers before they offer them for sale directly on their website. The best lead-time I could find was REI, which was quoting shipment within 30 days, so I've ordered mine but won't have them for a several weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered from REI - They indicated a Nov 9 Ship date - was hoping someone has had a set and could provide some feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you've seen the DC Rainmaker write-up on them? That's probably one of the few in-depth reviews you'll find of the Vector 3's at the moment.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...r-3-power-meter.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mt new Speedmax this week, so I called Garmin two times. Both times they said they're shipping all units to retailers on 10/27...

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike J wrote:
I pre-ordered through Clever Training back in early September. Original ETA gradually slipped from early Oct to mid-Oct, etc. At least Clever Training has been sending regular email updates. Latest one said they were told by Garmin to expect to expect stock right at the beginning of Nov, and they would get them shipping to customers shortly after that.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
Mike J wrote:

I pre-ordered through Clever Training back in early September. Original ETA gradually slipped from early Oct to mid-Oct, etc. At least Clever Training has been sending regular email updates. Latest one said they were told by Garmin to expect to expect stock right at the beginning of Nov, and they would get them shipping to customers shortly after that.

I'm about to get into the power measurement business....been getting effort data from heart rate up until now and interested in more metrics. Seems like the Vector 3 technology is worthwhile - bike independence, guaranteed compatibility with Garmin watch, no major accuracy discussions out there, cleats that look more or less like SPD-SL (which I am used to). I read the one and only review and it was neutral to positive - I think "wear" is the only missing element since they are so new.

Before I place a pre-order, is there another powermeter with similar characteristics that I should consider? Especially the bike independence piece.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's the Favero Assimoa and Powertap P1 pedals that are all similar to the Vector3s... The P1s are bulky, and heavier, and some people have had issues with them... The Vector3 are too new (aka not shipped yet) so it's tough to know about their reliability over time. Favero's previous model the BePro was apprently solid, but had major limitations in terms of portability between bikes which have been solved in the new model. Price wise, the Assimoa is the best deal, the P1/V3 are the same price. I'm strongly considering the Vector3, I just need to get my head around moving back to a Look system (I've been a Speedplay guy for 12 years..., I hated my old look pedals and cleats, although that was well before the Keo...)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gathering from peeps around me, you should not be disappointed. Cannot share details, but as I understand all the V2 disadvantages have been effectively addressed. It is a plug and play and no issues. I was a V1 and V2 user with no issues. I still thought swapping pedals and torque wrench, finicky pod angles....were not quite wide user base friendly.
I have not used V3 but am in close proximity to beta testing.......
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. I have a pair of Vector 1's that I've upgraded to Vector 2 pods. They're good, but honestly the need to use a torque wrench and special crows foot adapter (and now a tiny little Allen wrench for the pods) to swap them between bikes is frankly a PITA. By all accounts the Vector 3 addresses all of these shortcomings by needing nothing more than a standard pedal wrench to install. I've pre-ordered a pair of the Vector 3 pedals and if their accuracy/reliability is as good as the 1's and 2's they'll be a slam-dunk success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my REI pre-order canceled because apparently Garmin couldn't send enough units to them? Anyone hearing anything similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Blee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. Placed a new order with another merchant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear that some of these have actually been shipping out from retailers in the last few days, has anyone actually received their orders yet?

Any initial impressions?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pre-order from REI was canceled due to lack of availability a month ago, so I placed a pre-order with Clever Training after that. After one push-out, it was supposed to ship this week, and yesterday I received an update stating that the order has now pushed to middle of December, citing "sudden and major delays in production" by Garmin. So I contacted Garmin directly to see what's up, and was informed that it's more like late Dec or early January. Not sure what's going on there, but that sounds like more than just 'production delays' to me. Sounds like some pretty serious product launch issues. I think I'll take a pass for a bit and let others be the guinea pigs on these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that, I got a shipping confirmation for my pre-order from CleverTraining today, so they at least got some in. Mine should be here by Tuesday.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, units are going out, just not at the volume they had hoped. CT sent out the note for December more since they can't predict what exactly they'll get for allocations. They tend to be very conservative in estimates. But as noted, a pretty big shipment came in yesterday (and back out to consumers the same day), thus things are still going out.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. It's the same situation in the UK, I've heard of a couple of people who've had their orders pushed back to December so at least you guys aren't alone!

Do you have any idea on when we can anticipate your review, Ray? Is it likely to be this side of the holiday season : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, likely Weds or Thursday for review. I'm working wrapping up the Wattbike one as we speak, and then that's the next one. However, we're expecting a baby soon. Like, maybe this evening or tomorrow soon. So that might slightly impact things, though much of my prep work is done for the Vector 3 review.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh right, many congratulations!

Hope everything goes smoothly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS (pretty big one) got an initial order this week and is expecting a second batch next (which will hopefully be used to ship my order).

I too am feeling a little bit uneasy about these delays - might be nothing special but Garmin is kinda notorious (deserved or undeserved) for shipping half baked hardware, so let's wait and see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like a Look Keo pedal. Anyone knows if we can we use Look cleats with it, or would I need to swap to Garmin cleats?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
It looks like a Look Keo pedal. Anyone knows if we can we use Look cleats with it, or would I need to swap to Garmin cleats?

it uses Keo cleats

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really hope that Garmin release a Shimano-compatible pedal body or a conversion kit to use Shimano pedal bodies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah i bought the ultegra body kit for the previous generation vector. It’s so much better

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply