Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]

kjmcawesome wrote:
A person in the position to subvert a business entity that could be considered a competitor in a clear position to be personally financially impacted makes accusations without substantiating those claims.

Haha! I suspect you're trying to imply that AC is trying to subvert Sufferfest there, but in my view the opposite is far more applicable.

Edited to add: that is until the Weinstein comparisons started flying... :D
Last edited by: awenborn: Oct 21, 17 0:02

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]

Since the invention of the stopwatch, race horse trainers, coaches and sportsmen have timed and measured performance.

For simplicity, durations easy to see on the watch are usually used, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 60 seconds, 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 60 minutes etc etc.

I believe the first publicised use of a stopwatch was when King Louis XVIII timed his race horses on the race track.

Obviously horses, rowers, runners, swimmers, cross country skiers and cyclists have been timed over set distances or the distance covered over specific durations for hundreds of years.

Rowers were measuring power using Concept2 machines, although most probably didn't pay much attention to watts and looked at pace, a mistake in my opinion.

Now we can measure power cycling.

Measuring power over set durations isn't new.

Testimg sportsmen over set durations or distances to find out what sort of athlete they are and their strengths and weaknesses isn't new.

I don't know who first coined the phrase, ' power profiling ' , was it Amdrew Coggan?
Last edited by: Trev: Oct 21, 17 1:29

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [Trev] [ In reply to ]

I'm sure Andrew Coggan chose the durations for his power profiling for specific reasons, but the innovation from Sufferfest, pointed out to me recently ( thanks Steve ), is the use of a number of set durations together in one session.

Andrew Coggan should not be banned. Many don't like his posting style or his often arrogant tone, or his sometimes abusive comments, or his bullying, but his opinions and ideas are always interesting and highly valued even by those who don't always agree with him.

Besides he is very entertaining.
Last edited by: Trev: Oct 21, 17 1:51

Hey Paulo was banned for being an asshole and he is MUCH more entertaining than dr andy, who always seems to have a turd floating in the punchbowl of his life.

Reminds me of a sassy Eeyore.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/

who?

kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned for being an asshole and he is MUCH more entertaining than dr andy, who always seems to have a turd floating in the punchbowl of his life.

Reminds me of a sassy Eeyore.

I loved Frank Days posts until he was banned

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Trev wrote:
I don't know who first coined the phrase, ' power profiling ' , was it Amdrew Coggan?

At least as far as I know, the answer to your question is yes.

kjmcawesome wrote:
A person in the position to subvert a business entity that could be considered a competitor in a clear position to be personally financially impacted makes accusations without substantiating those claims.

It's not clear to me whether you are referring to me or kiwicoach, but in either case, you'd be wrong, as neither of us are competitors with Sufferfest.

Still your question/request is odd, slowman is watching and acts accordingly... do you dial the police every day and ask why they didn’t nab others for moving violations. I mean seriously why do you care if anyone is on/or banned from the site?? You can chose to read or not read their posts or specifically block them. Use that function if Coggan (or others ) bother you so much.

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

Maybe kjmcawesome needs trigger warnings or a safe zone?

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

h2ofun wrote:
Slowman wrote:
i try to make it a rule not to talk about people who post here. i'll talk to people who post here (publicly, for everyone to read, as we all do), but it's unseemly to have a discussion about folks who are part of this community.

as to why he isn't banned, why you aren't banned, and why i don't ban myself, if i felt any of the 3 of us met that threshold i would levy the ban. (tho i'm not sure i can ban myself. i haven't tried that.)

as to the thread in question (that i think you refer to), and why that thread is allowed to stand, i placed my reasoning on that thread.

I wish that was the rule for everyone on ST :)

Pretty much all you do, Dave, is talk about one member of this community. An obsession, almost.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [klehner] [ In reply to ]

I see what you did there.

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [Kiwicoach] [ In reply to ]

Hopefully they don't all head to Galt's Gulch. Would be a big loss for the community as a whole.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com

kjmcawesome wrote:

here is another thread kymcawesome started:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...kjmcawesome#p6417230

I'm gonna give you 4/10 on the troll o meter since you get a lot of people to fall for it, you are moving up to the top of the list though.

kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned.

Bad assumption. It takes a lot to get banned. You have to put effort into it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Is that a challenge? :)

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [klehner] [ In reply to ]

klehner wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Slowman wrote:
i try to make it a rule not to talk about people who post here. i'll talk to people who post here (publicly, for everyone to read, as we all do), but it's unseemly to have a discussion about folks who are part of this community.

as to why he isn't banned, why you aren't banned, and why i don't ban myself, if i felt any of the 3 of us met that threshold i would levy the ban. (tho i'm not sure i can ban myself. i haven't tried that.)

as to the thread in question (that i think you refer to), and why that thread is allowed to stand, i placed my reasoning on that thread.

I wish that was the rule for everyone on ST :)

Pretty much all you do, Dave, is talk about one member of this community. An obsession, almost.

As expected

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Slowman wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned.

But Frank Day was :)

Re: Hey Slowman, why isn't Coggan banned? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]

Andrew Coggan wrote:
Is that a challenge? :)

You need to do better :)

h2ofun wrote:
Slowman wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned.

and you're not! which a lot of people think is amazing because you and frank are really twin brothers by different mothers. you are my walking, breathing evidence of how magnanimous is this reader community!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Slowman wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Slowman wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned.

and you're not! which a lot of people think is amazing because you and frank are really twin brothers by different mothers. you are my walking, breathing evidence of how magnanimous is this reader community!

Oh snap, you're on fire today;)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.

Slowman wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Slowman wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:
Hey Paulo was banned.

Guess it is an honor then that snowflakes do not control your forum :)

h2ofun wrote:
Guess it is an honor then that snowflakes do not control your forum :)

^^ and with the very evidence you provided (!) demonstrating the magnanimity of this community, i think this thread is a perfect candidate for a lock.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next