Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacement for hoka bondi 4
Quote | Reply
Hi all

Anyone struggling to find or has found a sneaker which replaces the soft ride of the bondi 4 ?

The five did not work for me and I have just one pair left that I found about 6 weeks ago - no size 11.5 left anywhere that I can find

Help !

Thx Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.thelasthunt.com/...qEAQYASABEgKFjvD_BwE

Looks like they have 11.5 in stock, $89
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:
Hi all

Anyone struggling to find or has found a sneaker which replaces the soft ride of the bondi 4 ?

The five did not work for me and I have just one pair left that I found about 6 weeks ago - no size 11.5 left anywhere that I can find

Help !

Thx Steve

What about the clifton?
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
UKINNY wrote:
Hi all

Help !

Thx Steve

What about the clifton?

Clifton 4 is also harder than Clifton 3 (and heavier). Time to hoard more Clifton 3s....

Clifton 1 would have been a perfect shoe if only the toe box were wider. Not even wider per se, more like more rounded and bulbous. It tapers too sharply toward the small toe and leaves little room for smaller toes. Long runs make black toenails on small toes.

Edit: anyone at Hoka listening? Make the Clifton 1 again just make the toe box wider. You'll sell a metric ass ton of that shoe.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Oct 20, 17 22:07
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Edit: anyone at Hoka listening? Make the Clifton 1 again just make the toe box wider. You'll sell a metric ass ton of that shoe.
With what independent reviewers say (and have been saying since the Clifton 3) I have no idea what Hoka's thought process has been. Seriously. They are going in the exact opposite direction to what everyone asks.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny, every one is different. I had the Bondi 4 and did not like the marshmallow ride. I also thought it ran too narrow. I much prefer the Bondi 5, which also now comes in wide. Different strokes for different folks. I don't think Hoka is having a problem selling shoes, they had the biggest shoe count at Kona this year, eclipsing Asics.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thx !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read that the Skechers GOrun Ultra R2 is similar in cushion to the Bondi4.

I miss what Hoka used to be back when they only had a few models and all had soft squishy mid soles.
Last edited by: Ijustrun: Oct 21, 17 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [Ijustrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ijustrun wrote:
I've read that the Skechers GOrun Ultra R2 is similar in cushion to the Bondi4.

I miss what Hoka used to be back when they only had a few models and all had soft squishy mid soles.
Yes, for now I think Skechers might be the best alternative for those looking for Hoka substitutes. I liked how the toe box felt sans insole (a little too tight to my taste width and height wise with the insole). I actually wanted to try the GOmeb Razor but had no luck finding any GOmeb in stock.
Ended up going with Saucony's Kinvara 8 half size up and I'm very, very happy. Not as much pure cushion as a Clifton 3, but so much better in every other way that it completely makes up for it. Loving it so much from the first few km that I instantly bought another pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altra Escalante is really cushy and plenty of toe room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Altra Torin 3.0 - Nice wide toe box and less marshmallow feel than the Bondi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check runningwarehouse.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for hoka bondi 4 [vnfarmboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vnfarmboy wrote:
Check runningwarehouse.com.
Just saw this there. Hoka is coming out with a rebaptized Clifton 3 with different (better?) upper (cheaper and lighter as well!).

http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/...e-napali-first-look/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still looking. The Bondi 5s feel like bricks. Elevon's have been ordered, sadly FedEx lost the package so just reordered. But if anyone used to like Bondi 4s and found a suitable replacement, I'm all ears as well.
Quote Reply