Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this....
Quote | Reply
Security with Antonio Banderas

Think die hard in a shopping mall to quote one review

To say it is dire does the word dire a disservice

How can a man who has won an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA, two Golden Globes, and a Screen Actors Guild Award do this?

What i can mot figure out is how it might have been written that they read it and thought this will be good........

How do careers end like this and how does someone get something so conceptually dire made?
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you just recently checked back in with Kingsley? He's been doing questionable movies for years.

Bloodrayne
The Love Guru
Prince of Persia
The Dictator
Etc.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel the same way about Pacino. Went from The Godfather and Dog Day Afternoon to excrement like Righteous Kill and Danny Collins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you think that's bad - here he is in "the Love Guru" with Mike Myers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMl1Efwzsk
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was really good in the House of Sand and Fog.

slowguy wrote:
Have you just recently checked back in with Kingsley? He's been doing questionable movies for years.

Bloodrayne
The Love Guru
Prince of Persia
The Dictator
Etc.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I can not get my head round it, it was so bad

It came up on netflix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
No. I can not get my head round it, it was so bad

It came up on netflix

It was a car crash, I couldn't stop watching. I have yet to figure out how it came up with 2-1/2 to 3 stars.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Bloodrayne
The Love Guru
Prince of Persia
The Dictator
Etc.

But he was good in Ender's Game brief though his part was.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He portrayed the Mandarin as a drunk Englishman, enough said,
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was amazing in Sexy Beast. I don't remember a damn thing about the plot except that he was really fun to watch.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

Bloodrayne
The Love Guru
Prince of Persia
The Dictator
Etc.

hey don't forget Ironman 3 (Marvel) dammit :)
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
He was amazing in Sexy Beast. I don't remember a damn thing about the plot except that he was really fun to watch.

Agree. He was crazy intense.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF happened to Ben Kingsley...........i mean Gandhi to this.... [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His character Don was perhaps the best played bad guy of all time. Hate personified. All those scenes where ray Winston is worn down and Kingsley just drives through him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is a busy, probably well-paid working actor. In that regard he is doing just fine.
He is in his 70's so likely prefers smaller parts that don't require weeks on set or a publicity tour. Plus, he might prefer jobs closer to home, the caveat being the parts are smaller.
Any scene with BK in it is elevated by his presence. He is one of the best.
Quote Reply