Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone else's garmin vector 2's act weird?
Quote | Reply
sup friends,

got 2 pairs of garmin vector 2's. every once in a while, i'll have a day where i'm CONVINCED that the things are randomly reading 10 or 15w high. the problem will be that they wont be reading ABSURDLY high, but rather that on a random day it will seem like i'm obliterating my intervals even when i don't feel great. does this happen to anyone else? seriously. i honestly "feel" that something is whacky.

i'm wondering if the calibration can affect it? say i do the pre-ride calibration on the vectors while the bike is in a 68 degree house and then head out into 45 degree weather. would that affect the readings? maybe a correlation to a battery being almost dead? FWIW, i have a torque wrench and YES, i have torqued them to the specified 40nm

driving me nuts since it doesn't seem to always happen
Quote Reply
Re: anyone else's garmin vector 2's act weird? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I just installed them the ride may be 10-15 watts high.
Next ride is fine. Ii have verified this multiple times by installing them on a Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: anyone else's garmin vector 2's act weird? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for about 2 months and they seem to always read 20W higher than my Kickr. It's pretty consistent though. I'm also having an issue where I have to remove the batteries from the pods after every ride. The left one doesn't seem to turn off, so when I leave it in it dies pretty quickly while constantly trying to find the other pedal.
Quote Reply