Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks!
Quote | Reply
The 21st century is DEFINITELY not turning out as I'd hoped. And it sounds to me like the guy writing this piece has a hot first cousin he's hoping to scam.

Having Sex With Your First Cousin Might Be A Good Idea, Research Suggests

"Sure, marrying your first cousin might result in a few WTFs — not to mention, the possibility of getting disowned by your parents. But now, a study has revealed that it also comes with some health benefits. Specifically, first-cousin marriages could provide some protection against heart disease. Interesting."

"This isn’t the first time scientists have researched first-cousin marriages. In fact, in 2008 researchers discovered that there’s nothing wrong with cousins getting married. Why? Because the risk of babies having genetic defects “has been overstated.”"

"So, exactly what’d the scientists find? Namely, they discovered that the risk of giving birth to children with genetic defects as a result of marriages between first cousins is no greater than that run by women over 40 who get knocked up. Food for thought, huh?"

""Women over the age of 40 have a similar risk of having children with birth defects and no one is suggesting they should be prevented from reproducing," said Professor Spencer, whose co-authored study is published in the online journal Public Library of Science. While first cousin marriages were once quite common, especially in Europe, this changed in the late 19th century as people become more socially mobile and the risks became more well known.

Most states in the US have either made the practice illegal or restricted it, as have countries like China and Taiwan. But Professor Spencer, an evolutionary zoologist, claims these laws should be repealed. He told the Independent: "Neither the scientific nor social assumptions behind such legislation stand up to close scrutiny. Such legislation reflects outmoded prejudices about immigrants and the rural poor and relies on over-simplified views of heredity. There is no scientific grounding for it.”"

Having Sex With Your First Cousin Might Be A Good Idea, Research Suggests

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it have been easier for you to just post one sentence: I once had the hots for my first cousin.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second benefit. You probably know whether or not your in laws are going to be crazy.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Second benefit. You probably know whether or not your in laws are going to be crazy.

Well, there is that. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure when this became unfashionable in the west but I'm pretty sure up until the 20th century it wasn't a big deal. Good way to keep money and property in the family. Famously, Charles Darwin married his first cousin, which is kind of ironically appropriate given what was posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Not sure when this became unfashionable in the west but I'm pretty sure up until the 20th century it wasn't a big deal. Good way to keep money and property in the family. Famously, Charles Darwin married his first cousin, which is kind of ironically appropriate given what was posted.

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all relative, I guess. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
It's all relatives, I guess. ;-)

FIFY
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Einstein married his cousin also

“Elsa Einstein (18 January 1876 – 20 December 1936) was the second wife and first cousin of Albert Einstein. Their mothers were sisters, and further, their fathers were first cousins.“
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FDR and Eleanor, cousins.

Last edited by: Old Hickory: Oct 19, 17 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._cousin%3F_P4600078/

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/Has_anyone_on_the_LR_done_some_sex_with_a_cousin%3F_P4600078/

You people are sick!

I mean that in a good way, of course. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible that cousins are always a mess? I mean, mathematically, that should be impossible. But near as I can recall, every person I've ever met that offered an opinion on their cousins, it was always the same song..... Cousins are a mess.

So who are these people with charismatic, beautiful, smart, cousins?

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/Has_anyone_on_the_LR_done_some_sex_with_a_cousin%3F_P4600078/

Hey thanks Duffy. I had a petty good reply in that thread. And yes, Teena is a real person.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Hey thanks Duffy. I had a petty good reply in that thread. And yes, Teena is a real person.

I stopped reading shortly after that one. I think Mr. YaHey had joined the festivities. ;-) Hey, whatever became of that guy?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I stopped reading shortly after that one. I think Mr. YaHey had joined the festivities. ;-) Hey, whatever became of that guy?

Changed his ST name to CaptainCanada. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad is the youngest of 18 kids, long list of cousins. Haven't been to a family reunion in a while, could be interesting
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
My dad is the youngest of 18 kids, long list of cousins. Haven't been to a family reunion in a while, could be interesting

Oh, there's bound to be a few you know you'd want to hit. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first cousin was a real hottie as a young woman but damn, I couldn't imagine ever having sex with her then or now. But it might have been a different story if she wasn't my cousin.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel Free to Marry Your First Cousin, Folks! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
My first cousin was a real hottie as a young woman but damn, I couldn't imagine ever having sex with her then or now. But it might have been a different story if she wasn't my cousin.

So what about second cousins? There's some prime potential, right there, boys. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt like there was a lot more "pride" I could sense while in Louisville over the weekend for the Ironman race....this explains it all.

Quote | Reply
Sideways wrote:
Felt like there was a lot more "pride" I could sense while in Louisville over the weekend for the Ironman race....this explains it all.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! That race is just one big, happy family! ;-)

Quote Reply