Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why don't pros wear watches on the bike? [ChevyTri27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well there you go!

I decided on it when I was shaving my arms. I was like I'm freaking shaving my arms because specialized has shown it will save me 20 seconds on a 40k TT. I figured wearing a watch has got to be similar to that!
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't pros wear watches on the bike? [ChevyTri27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChevyTri27 wrote:
I saw a video of John Cobb state that the effect of having a watch on while cycling eliminates/nullifies the benefit of a disc wheel. He has more wind tunnel time then me so I'll take his word. He recommended turning the watch face inward if you have to wear it during the bike segment. I stopped wearing a watch for the swim and bike after my watch got kicked off during the swim of my first 70.3. Bike computer for the bike and a watch for the run.
It's going to be very position, anatomy, and watch, dependent.
That's both your position and the watch's.

Also bear in mind that a bike mounted watch or computer is similarly going to have an aerodynamic impact. It could be anywhere from worse than watch on wrist to negligible.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't pros wear watches on the bike? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, but anyone considering the negative effect on aerodynamics of a watch probably has their bike computer well hidden from the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Why don't pros wear watches on the bike? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Right, but anyone considering the negative effect on aerodynamics of a watch probably has their bike computer well hidden from the wind.
Perhaps - I'm just assuming if they haven't considered the watch they may not have considered the mounted computer either. And if it's a case of choosing either one or the other on the bike, the comparison is relevant.
Quote Reply

Prev Next