Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill data help
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an easy solution for entering treadmill runs to Training peaks I would like to have the pace and HR recorded. Maybe I should use Garmin watch to collect data and then transfer to training peaks? What's been your experience with accuracy on speed? Entering data manually is not working for me.

thanks in advance.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill data help [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually let the Garmin record the time, HR trace and running metrics. After the run, this automatically uploads to TP. Then I go in and manually enter the distance the TM displays and that adjusts the pace data in TP. I also use a Stryd and am in the process of getting it calibrated tight enough to match the TM distance display. Once I have that dialed in, I may not have to do any manual entry at all for TM runs. Hope this helps
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill data help [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent. That sounds like a great plan; thanks. What Garmin are you using?

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Garmin foot pod and have it calibrated to match outdoor speed. That way treadmill runs download just like outdoor runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 735xt, and set it to "Indoor Run". It logs pace as accurate as my calibrated foot pod did, it logs cadence, and heart rate. Love it.

It will automatically upload the run via Bluetooth once I save the file.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same story here as Nick and Imar. 920xt, footpod, and HRM-tri. I let my footpod auto-calibrate on outdoor runs...I trust it way more than my treadmill. Select indoor-run and start. Do my run, press stop, and run uploads to TP as per normal.

My treadmill calibration is HORRIBLE above about 6mph---might as well tape over the display. Correlating heart-rate, and outdoor temperature between road/treadmill...my footpod is much more accurate.
Quote Reply