Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Doing first IM at Louisville 2018. What's the most convenient accommodation [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the EconoLodge only 2 blocks from the finish line. It was about a 10-12 minute walk to transition from the hotel. It wasn't the most glamorous of accommodations but the price was reasonable, it was clean and comfortable, and the location was perfect with respect to the race stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing first IM at Louisville 2018. What's the most convenient accommodation [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotosound wrote:
I don't think it had either. Walk was fine. Restaurants and shops between the hotel and transition. The only downside for me was getting my crap back to the room from transition. IM has a bus to shuttle you from the finish to transition but you're stuck walking/cycling back with your gear.

Transition and the finish line are just shy of a mile apart. Not a terrible walk and probably good for you post race. As for bringing your stuff back, I grabbed the race backpack from my hotel room, walked to transition, packed it all into the backpack, and rode my bike back wearing jeans and street shoes. Not a big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing first IM at Louisville 2018. What's the most convenient accommodation [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, last year I stayed at the Market Street Inn b&b across the river in Jeffersonville. It's a 20 min walk across the bridge to the t-zone, nice and quiet. Just loved it.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing first IM at Louisville 2018. What's the most convenient accommodation [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booked the Hyatt Regency. Me and a buddy are gonna race together so our wives can go grab our stuff while we are running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Booked the Hyatt Regency. Me and a buddy are gonna race together so our wives can go grab our stuff while we are running.

Depending on how fast you are this may not work entirely as planned. This year they were not allowing ANYONE to pick up stuff from transition until the bike course was closed at 6:45. So if you are faster than ~11hrs you will be finished before they allow anyone in there. Not that it's a big deal, but something to think about. I can't recall if it's that way at all IMs, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing first IM at Louisville 2018. What's the most convenient accommodation [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be under 11 but I respect Ironman enough to not get my hopes up. My only goal is a sub 4 marathon. I feel like if I can do that then a good race will follow.
Last edited by: triguy86: Oct 21, 17 15:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next