Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Louisville Race Report - 13th in 40-44, an almost mistake-free race! [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great write up! Congrats!

Way to keep a positive mental attitude the entire time given the small little speedbumps..glass half full mate!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Race Report - 13th in 40-44, an almost mistake-free race! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work! I am sure I saw you out there as you finished a little ahead of me. Did it seem like an easier race than the others? I can't tell for myself as I set a PR by over an hour but it seemed easier than previous ones I have done. The cheating was pretty damn annoying on the bike. A few guys in particular were total tools that would hop on any wheel and just sit there until someone faster came along. They sat on my wheel for awhile but luckily I lost them after I passed a vehicle and they probably didn't like my shoulder pass. I was thankful for my bike commuting skills at that point.

Also, anyone else notice all of the people pissing on the side of the road? I also saw a guy pissing in the penalty tent. Isn't that against the rules? Pretty shoddy job enforcing the penalty rules if you let a guy whip it out in the tent like it isn't a big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Race Report - 13th in 40-44, an almost mistake-free race! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoyed your report and congrats on the day. And what you may think of mistakes, seem so minor, you just took what the day gave you and rolled with it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Race Report - 13th in 40-44, an almost mistake-free race! [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not say it was easier - the bike course was harder, especially considering the winds. Boulder this year went from being 2 miles short to being 2 miles long and has the Nelson climb 3 times now, so maybe that comparison does not hold up any more.

The run is comparable to Texas. The Boulder run is harder.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y'all got off easy at Texas this year on the run. I was spectating and needed a jacket! Usually it is oppressively hot and humid. But this was the first year of the slightly earlier date, so maybe it will be more mild going forward. I wouldn't count on it being that good of running conditions again though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next