Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for people who've gone from gels to InfinIT
Quote | Reply
I did most of IM Lou on Sunday. In previous years I felt like I had to throw up by the time I got to the run, so I started training with Hammer gels and Endurolytes Fizz to avoid taking in a simple sugars. This was fine in training, but on race day I got to the marathon and had to throw up again (although even towards the end of the bike it was getting hard to choke down the gels).

I think the problem is that the texture of the gels isn't like real food, so I'd like to practice with InfinIT to see if that solves the problem because I've heard good things about it. Has anyone else changed from gels to InfinIT, and are there any recommendations that you'd make when ordering?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Question for people who've gone from gels to InfinIT [gellerche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using Infinit for the past 2 years and I'm a fan. I went from the regular bags to custom blends for Ironman Chattanooga and I never bonked or felt like my nutrition wasn't working. Call them and discuss custom mixes. You can get cool flavors like Watermelon for the summer months.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 17, 17 13:19
Quote Reply
Re: Question for people who've gone from gels to InfinIT [gellerche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using Infinit for 3 years on the recommendation of my coach. The first time I used it was also the first time I had a really good performance in a really hot race and I've been a fan ever since. The only issue I've had is in Ironman races, when I'm using exactly the same nutrition throughout the entire race, I'm so sick of it by the time I get to the run, I have made the mistake of not using enough of it.

I did Louisville this weekend too and I used a custom lemon/lime (minimum flavor) on the bike in a 1050 calorie concentrated bottle and 4 honey stinger waffles of different flavors. On the run I had a 500 cal flask of infinit grape tripwire in T2 then picked up a second one in special needs. Worked great.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I'm not completely on Infinit, for some reason the hot weather mix settles my stomach after a rough swim. I'm then able to eat on schedule and set myself up for a good run...energy-wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just started with liquid nutrition over the last few months. Started with Hammer Perpetuem. I could stomach it, but had to be careful because sometimes it's make my stomach uneasy after long workouts. That worried me so I got some Infinit Go Far. Two workouts of 3+ hours and not even close to a stomach issue. Very confident in it so far compared to where I was a few weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i made the switch to Infinit this year after previous years with gels/"real" food, but mostly i would use gels for calories. used it all year, for training and for a 70.3. i havent had any gut issues, and i really hate myself for not making this switch earlier. i used Infinit Jet Fuel, i'll probably dip into custom mixes next year for simple fact of the flavor would get a bit strong when i'd concentrate a bottle (3 or 4 scoops) and my understanding is with custom you can tone down flavor. but yeah, my local tri shop had the jet fuel on the shelf so i figured why not and I just stuck with it.

I used it as my exclusive source of calories for my 70.3 and training, and sipped on pre race for sprints. for long training rides of 3 to 3.5 hrs (and the 70.3) i'd carry one of the concentrated bottles which would have about 500 calories along with water, perhaps not as many calories as i should have but i never felt hungry. to the contrary, i feel like the jet fuel is aptly named. i felt friggin great, strong and never cramped. sure i changed my training a bit too, but i broke 5 hours on my 70.3 this year, my two previous times at the distance were 5:35ish. I'm a believer.

so yeah, jet fuel for me and it was the best thing i've done in a while!
Quote Reply