Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Online job interviews
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one who doesn't like them? I just filled one out and it just felt... meh. I feel like part of what would make me want to hire me (if that makes sense...) would be my personality, enthusiasm, pleasant demeanor, etc., and I just feel like with some of the questions asked I wanted to select multiple of the presented options, as well as explain more on top of that. I feel like an in person interview would be much more likely to result in me personally being hired, but in this case it is the online resume/interview that determines who gets the in person interview.

We'll see :)
Quote Reply
Re: Online job interviews [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pre-screening, not an interview. Its to see if a candidate is even worth interviewing. i.e. You have to be at least this tall to get on the ride (or this smart, or experienced, or skilled).

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, pre-screening. Basically a computer and some poor HR worker has to review all of the resumes and weed out the unqualified applicants. The company probably receives thousands of online applications.

What type of job are you going for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The on-line stuff is only there to thin the list of candidates to actually interview.

I've got a daughter that screens those interviews and a brother who owned an employment agency-- both said the same thing, they are looking for a reason to reject the candidate so round two of the process is less arduous on the interviewers.
Quote Reply