Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Wetsuit cheaters Kona Ironman* [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]

JASpencer wrote:
For whoever is really that interested...2 pairs were removed from the men's change tent at 8:54am. 1 pair was Sailfish brand, not sure on the other. I can't confirm sizing either.
From Facebook:

Evidently the 3rd one was too full of fecal matter and went straight into the trash. I'm sure the Roka one is legal, they're the official swim course sponsor of Kona, right?

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3

Re: *Wetsuit cheaters Kona Ironman* [BIGringbrah] [ In reply to ]

I am sure IRONMAN knows they have a problem with cheating in the swim now. I know I will be looking around for these jerks. If I suspect something I will get a officials attention. Nothing would better than to see a official tap someone on the shoulder for a check. Getting disqualified before the swim even starts in Kona plus a two year ban for cheating would send a big message.

Re: *Wetsuit cheaters Kona Ironman* [Sean H] [ In reply to ]

Next year the porta potties should all be after the change tent. At least after the swim. Shouldn’t be as much demand for the toilet after the swim as after the bike. Keep those before change tent closed during T1. They can even be open pre race, just zip tie them during he swim.

Re: *Wetsuit cheaters Kona Ironman* [BIGringbrah] [ In reply to ]

i've removed some posts and i'm locking this thread, because we're now to the point where we're linking to various athletes' finisherpix pages on very speculative evidence. do not begin a new version of this thread. i'm happy that the thread is here, because it highlights an obvious problem. but as with most threads of this nature it's now moving past the point of utility.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next