Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I remember him dumping sponges out at the beginning of the trash section of an aid station. I do not remember seeing him do it outside of aid stations.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:
Lange won and he should have. - before I respond

The last thing I would want is a DQ for him.

Lange littered all over the course. I watched the race live from the swim to finish. I thought there must be different rules for pros which would seem ok. Apparently not

Lange littered sponges all day and violated the clothing rules.

He is world champ. No question

WTC needs to do something here or any pro worried about over heating and changing like Lionel will realize it does not matter.

Totally true. What happened has happened and Lange is by far the champ. What we need to do is put a small campaign together saying we are unhappy with all the littering (especially on Hawaii? C'mon!) and we want the rule enforced all the way to the pros from here forward, ESPECIALLY to the fastest pros because they are the face of the sport and it's also unfair to their competition. We shouldn't make the name of a certain person a big deal because it's not entirely his fault. It's the not getting a penalty for it immediately that is the problem. And it's definitely not just one person littering.

Somebody who can get the Riccitello on here should do so and get him and Ironman to make a statement that they will enforce that rule for EVERYBODY NO MATTER WHAT from here forward, and that they will levy the penalty against pros from video footage even after the race, so there's no excuse that it's the heat of the moment and he/she was winning and we just didn't feel like we could stop them.

Didn't a pro get penalized recently in a race for tossing his sunglasses even though he came back and got them? Why him and not others?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [JackL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a champ but he littered all day. Again / he still would have won.

If I was guessing I think he assumed it did not apply to him as the guy running down the win.
Quote Reply
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
the rule is to prevent 2500 people treating the 220km course like a trash can....why would you want to unvalidate the world champion and record holder on a rule that's not safety or performance related?

Exactly. In law enforcement they call it "the spirit of the law" which is an important part of enforcing the rules. Discretion is in play here. Not everything has to be either black or white.
Quote Reply
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am fine with the littering, but he posted his finisher pix proofs on his social media without buying them. That is definitely a DQ.
Quote Reply
Re: Should Lange have been disqualified? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I am fine with the littering, but he posted his finisher pix proofs on his social media without buying them. That is definitely a DQ.

Lol. Awesome!
Quote Reply

Prev Next