Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lionel Sanders Nutrition
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed and I missed it...

I watched the following video and something Lionel said really stuck out.. "I had fairly concentrated Gatorade endurance in my fuel belt bottles."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0AR9FNWKnQ

I can only speak for the research I have done but Gatorade Endurance from a long course sports physiology stand point is garbage compared to many of the other products out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders Nutrition [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He don't care about form, aerodynamics, or apparently nutrition. Got to love it.

Must be wasting 10-20 watts with his bow-legged peddling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:

I watched the following video and something Lionel said really stuck out.. "I had fairly concentrated Gatorade endurance in my fuel belt bottles."

I can only speak for the research I have done but Gatorade Endurance from a long course sports physiology stand point is garbage compared to many of the other products out there.

I saw that as well, but he didn't say what else he was taking in addition to Gatorade and salt. However, why is gatorade "garbage" from a sport physiology standpoint?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:
Gatorade Endurance from a long course sports physiology stand point is garbage compared to many of the other products out there.

why do you say it's garbage? Ingredients seem pretty simple: sugar, maltodextrin, fructose, sodium, potassium

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders Nutrition [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I saw that as well, but he didn't say what else he was taking in addition to Gatorade and salt. However, why is gatorade "garbage" from a sport physiology standpoint?

If you're interested in the nitty gritty science details watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Although, I just looked up the nutrition label for Gatorade Endurance on their website and it looks like they've changed their formula since I last used it? The Gatorade Endurance I have in my pantry from years ago only used dextrose and all calories came from sugar. It appears the new formula on the website now correctly uses a mixture and only 52 out of 90 calories per serving are now sugar...hmmm.

Can anyone confirm a change or did I somehow get fake Gatorade Endurance?!

It appears i'll have to retract my statement.
Last edited by: badgertri: Oct 16, 17 13:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

If you're interested in the nitty gritty science details watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Although, I just looked up the nutrition label for Gatorade Endurance on their website and it looks like they've changed their formula since I last used it? The Gatorade Endurance I have in my pantry from years ago only used dextrose and all calories came from sugar. It appears the new formula on the website now correctly uses a mixture and only 52 out of 90 calories per serving are now sugar...hmmm.

Can anyone confirm a change or did I somehow get fake Gatorade Endurance?!

It appears i'll have to retract my statement.

I can confirm....they did change their formula recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I can confirm....they did change their formula recently.

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was curious to know what he had in his fuel belt - I thought he used Infinit products.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders Nutrition [cdoug55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Last time I checked he had a custom blend from Infinit nutrition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:

Wait a second, did he say he dropped his position by 70mm after Kona last year???

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders Nutrition [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was skeptical when he said that...but if you look at his position from 2016 to 2017, he actually looks a lot lower. There is no rise off the stem this year compared to last year. He dropped it low!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I was skeptical when he said that...but if you look at his position from 2016 to 2017, he actually looks a lot lower. There is no rise off the stem this year compared to last year. He dropped it low!

That's why he rides bowlegged. His elbows are hitting his balls. The pain makes him go faster. #truefact

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders Nutrition [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the same token, Coke is also garbage, but people of all abilities suck it down in an Ironman...and swear by it.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply