Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jetze Plat 2:19 marathon.... [swimcrankpush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimcrankpush wrote:
I just read his blog, a very poorly translated one but he said Iromman is a one and done, he is going to fully focus on short distance and Tokyo.

The more I think about this his performance was more impressive than the pros, I really like Sanders total fan boy but Jetze crushed the old record and he beat the all the woman pro times with only his arms total legend or should be

Agree 100%, Jetze should be thought of as a legend. Not sure why this thread has not attracted more attention.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Jetze Plat 2:19 marathon.... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.... mad fucking impressive. This dude is off the charts good. Let me drop in on a whim and obliterate the course. Okay. Jetze: "Next!"

You're not allowed to refer to those weapons as guns, those are CANNONS.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Jetze Plat 2:19 marathon.... [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see Jetze getting some recognition over here. He is a great athlete and I believe he would still be a major contendor if non-handicapped athletes were allowed to compete on the same terms as well.

I was once cycling when someone overtook me. No backdoor bragging here, but when I'm on my time-trial bike that doesn't happen very often. It was Jetze Plat on his handbike. At the next traffic light we chatted a bit and after that I wanted to give him a run for his money and went full out for about 10 km, all the while over 40km/h. He had no trouble whatsoever staying in my wheel. The man is a beast and I have great respect for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Jetze Plat 2:19 marathon.... [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
Wow.... mad fucking impressive. This dude is off the charts good. Let me drop in on a whim and obliterate the course. Okay. Jetze: "Next!"

You're not allowed to refer to those weapons as guns, those are CANNONS.

Ya, if all the voters in the "most impressive performance" poll were to read about Jetze, I would think that most would vote for him. Looking at the "view numbers" in the Jetze thread, almost 1600 people have looked at the first 4 posts in the thread, and about 1000 at the first 14, but yet Jetze as currently he only has about 1% out of 860 votes. I guess many readers can not relate to the difficulty of hand-cycling but it looks pretty brutal to me, espec going up hills. Furthermore, simply the fact you're propelling yourself just with your arms for almost 9 hours is pretty incredible to me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't see the poll. Add one more for Mr. Plat.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I understand correctly, he has use of his core muscles so he doesn't drag his legs in the swim. Watching him swim I was in awe of the power he produces - he looks great in the water. However, I'm most impressed by the bike...in IM racing, especially Kona, wheelies have a hard time with the bike cut off and he obliterated the course. I mean, he just destroyed it. Nice guy, too!

Congrats and best wishes for a repeat at Tokyo, Jetze!
Quote Reply
Re: Jetze Plat 2:19 marathon.... [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
If I understand correctly, he has use of his core muscles so he doesn't drag his legs in the swim. Watching him swim I was in awe of the power he produces - he looks great in the water. However, I'm most impressed by the bike...in IM racing, especially Kona, wheelies have a hard time with the bike cut off and he obliterated the course. I mean, he just destroyed it. Nice guy, too! Congrats and best wishes for a repeat at Tokyo, Jetze!

Ya, i can see how using his core would result in the legs not dragging very much at all; i've never seen him swim but as you said, he must be generating a lot of power with his upper body. And that hand-cranking looks like it mostly uses your forearms and some other small muscles in the arms but in any case hand-cranking for 5-7 hrs sounds very hard to me. Extremely impressive performance!!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next