Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer
Quote | Reply
Anybody else have problems installing a cassette on their Hammer? I have tried two different ones and neither will go on. It’s too tight a fit. One was a Dura-Ace the other Ultegra. I watched their YouTube video and theirs slid on like butter.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My ultegra went right on. Makes you wonder about manufacturing tolerances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the cassette body get notched?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not as straight forward as a few hubs... here's my wife sorting it out on ours. Skip to ~7mins (this won't link direct to the 7min part)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Last edited by: gplama: Oct 15, 17 18:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My hub was machined incorrectly. I called them up and had a replacement hub in a couple days. Easy to swap.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
My ultegra went right on. Makes you wonder about manufacturing tolerances.

Called Cycleops, they said they got a bad batch of freehubs earlier this year.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Note to Cyclops: find a new freehub supplier!
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [MayorJustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MayorJustin wrote:
My hub was machined incorrectly. I called them up and had a replacement hub in a couple days. Easy to swap.

Anybody know how to adjust the belt tension? I’ve had my Hammer since February and it worked flawlessly until mid September when it started making a rattling noise inside the housing. I reached out to Cycleops customer service who quickly diagnosed the problem as a loose belt. Cycleops said they would send out a new belt along with the installation procedure but still don’t have either the belt or instructions to re-tension the belt. I found a manual online but it only contained operating instructions.

I’ve been in constant contact with Cycleops but they said they’re still trying to put together the instructions on the belt installation. It’s been almost 6 weeks since I opened the case surely it can’t be that damned complicated to adjust the tension or replace the belt.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. Mine has the rattle, I hear it when I get off the bike and it’s free wheeling down. I only got the thing in april so I’m kind of disappointed. It seems to be working ok though.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine works fine I’m just afraid of the belt coming off in the middle of a training session. I’m a little disappointed that the trainer isn’t even a year old and its developed this minor issue which could turn into a major one.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Acsp34 wrote:
Mine works fine I’m just afraid of the belt coming off in the middle of a training session. I’m a little disappointed that the trainer isn’t even a year old and its developed this minor issue which could turn into a major one.
I’m going to talk to the shop owner about it. He’s a really big cyclops dealer. I’ll report back after I hear what they tell him.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing cassette on Cycleops Hammer [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, please keep me posted. I think you’ll get an answer before I do.
Quote Reply