Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing
Quote | Reply
Just sayin.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Now the world will see (1) how insanely good Aaron is; (2) how insanely bad Mike McCarthy is; (3) how pathetic this team is w/o Aaron; and (4) that Mike McCarthy (and Capers) would have a Cleveland-Browns'-worthy-record w/o being gifted with Aaron.

Oh well. When is the draft???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Go suck a giant box of dicks.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Just sayin.

Sonofabitchin motherfuck. He was my fantasy QB. Not I'm stuck with Tyrod Taylor.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Yep. Now the world will see (1) how insanely good Aaron is; (2) how insanely bad Mike McCarthy is; (3) how pathetic this team is w/o Aaron; and (4) that Mike McCarthy (and Capers) would have a Cleveland-Browns'-worthy-record w/o being gifted with Aaron.

Sam would happen if most top-tier QB's went down. What will happen to Pack is no different.

My money is on Favre coming out of retirement.
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kap is free. Just saying
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

You a celebrating the injury of a great football player? Really?

Wow.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:

Sam would happen if most top-tier QB's went down. What will happen to Pack is no different.

You mean, like the Patriots?

Pack just lost to a team one their 3rd string QB, missing his top WR. That team is now tied for the lead in the NFL North.

McCarthy has been riding Rodgers' coattails his entire career. Remember, this is the same Mike McCarthy who passed on Rodgers and selected Alex Smith. McCarthy is dumb - just plain stupid. Rodgers was bitchy a couple years ago and let his disdain for McCarthy slip a bit.

Then there is Dom Capers ... good gawd ... talk about a guy the NFL left behind decades ago ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In your mind, was that a dirty play by Barr?
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
In your mind, was that a dirty play by Barr?

I think he certainly could have let up, but I do not think he was targeting Rodgers or trying to hurt him. It was a bang-bang play and, when you have a chance to hit the QB, you have to take it.

EDIT TO ADD: This guy has a pretty good read on it. Dirty? Eh, I dunno ... Unnecessary? Yep. But, it's football.

https://www.yahoo.com/...dirty-203227321.html

Last edited by: JSA: Oct 15, 17 14:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

I've been saying for about 5 years to can McCarthy!

My poor #12.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
Just sayin.

Sonofabitchin motherfuck. He was my fantasy QB. Not I'm stuck with Tyrod Taylor.

As a member of the BillsMafia, I'm offended by your derisive attiude toward Tyrod.
But as a fellow Fantasy Team owner, I completly understand the sentiment.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:

You mean, like the Patriots?

Pack just lost to a team one their 3rd string QB, missing his top WR. That team is now tied for the lead in the NFL North.

McCarthy has been riding Rodgers' coattails his entire career. Remember, this is the same Mike McCarthy who passed on Rodgers and selected Alex Smith. McCarthy is dumb - just plain stupid. Rodgers was bitchy a couple years ago and let his disdain for McCarthy slip a bit.

Then there is Dom Capers ... good gawd ... talk about a guy the NFL left behind decades ago ...

Yes, exactly like the Patriots when Brady tore up his knee, or like the Raiders without Carr or like Indy when Manning had the neck issue. What do you think would happen to the Panthers with Cam or the Chargers without Rivers. Now, whether McCarthy is a dipshit is another story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Yes, exactly like the Patriots when Brady tore up his knee, or like the Raiders without Carr or like Indy when Manning had the neck issue. What do you think would happen to the Panthers with Cam or the Chargers without Rivers. Now, whether McCarthy is a dipshit is another story.

I'm thinking the Patriots with Brady suspended, but, I hear ya.

But, McCarthy is still a worthless fuck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You a celebrating the injury of a great football player? Really?

Wow.

I am laughing at you, stupid face. You’re face is stupid.

Now go suck a dick. And enjoy the rest of the season.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You stay classy, BLeP.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kaep or Romo? Shirley you can't win with Hundley.
Quote Reply
Re: GB Packers - might be time to try that tanking thing [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

WAY too many problems with this D to worry about that. Seriously, people will soon learn all the problems for which Aaron was able to compensate. The best move would be the play Hundley, see what you got, and give him some reps. This team cannot win w/o Rodgers. Period, hard stop. So, scratch this season and give Hundley some reps.

Did you notice all the hang-dog faces on the sidelines? This team is mentally weak under McCarthy; always has been. Aaron went down and everyone knew it was over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008.

They must have had a really good team to win 11 games with Matt Cassel at quarterback.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Anyway, sucky day if you’re a Packer fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say the sign Matt Flynn. I mean he was stellar for the Packers and still owns TD and passing yard records! (pink)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

WAY too many problems with this D to worry about that. Seriously, people will soon learn all the problems for which Aaron was able to compensate. The best move would be the play Hundley, see what you got, and give him some reps. This team cannot win w/o Rodgers. Period, hard stop. So, scratch this season and give Hundley some reps.

Did you notice all the hang-dog faces on the sidelines? This team is mentally weak under McCarthy; always has been. Aaron went down and everyone knew it was over.

As a lifelong Packer fan yesterday sucked big time. But I was also surprised at the lack of enthusiasm from the other players. The game never got completely out of control, they were playing like they were down 40+ points. No urgency, no hussle, no attitude of winning despite Rodgers being in the locker room.

Then you have McCarthy and his shitty play calling. The other team knows you want to run the ball with the backup in there, so they load the box. McCarthy runs into the brick wall over and over again, then when Hundley is allowed to pass it is 5 yard short stuff. If they were going to give up on the game anyway they might as well have let him throw down the field and get some confidence going. Not like Nelson and Adams can't catch the ball if someone other than Rodgers throws it.

Gonna be a long rest of the season.
Quote Reply