Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!!
Quote | Reply
So Im building a new pool in my house and looking to put in a Endless pool. I've swam in one of these pools and love it; however, I found out that the warranty will be voided immediate after install because the pool will be a salt water pool. Additionally, I've also read that many parts needs to be replaced 4-5 years in and some that have had the oil from tubes leak out into the pool and destroy the poo. Anyway, I started looking for alternatives and the one that stood out best was River Flow System. I can't find legit reviews online or youtube besides what the company puts out. Does anyone know more or have first hand/second hand knowledge about the River Flow System and is it worth installing? It actually cost about 5k more than an endless pool, but I wouldnt want to shell out the money if it doesn't work well.

Pain is Weakness Leaving Your Body.
Last edited by: toronja10: Oct 15, 17 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [toronja10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toronja10 wrote:
So Im building a new pool in my house and looking to put in a Endless pool. I've swam in one of these pools and love it; however, I found out that the warranty will be voided immediate after install because the pool will be a salt water pool. Additionally, I've also read that many parts needs to be replaced 4-5 years in and some that have had the oil from tubes leak out into the pool and destroy the poo. Anyway, I started looking for alternatives and the one that stood out best was River Flow System. I can't find legit reviews online or youtube besides what the company puts out. Does anyone know more or have first hand/second hand knowledge about the River Flow System and is it worth installing? It actually cost about 5k more than an endless pool, but I wouldnt want to shell out the money if it doesn't work well.

I'm assuming that you're referring to the Endless Pools Fastlane since you say you're building a pool and looking to use salt water. I'm also in the process of planning a pool construction and am planning to add a Fastlane to it and use salt water, and this was the first I heard of salt water voiding the warranty. I went and checked, and this is what Endless Pools has to say about salt water use with the Fastlane. There doesn't appear to be any warranty issue if set up properly.

https://www.endlesspools.com/fastlane-faq.php

Can the Fastlane be used with a salt system?
Yes, if the pool and Fastlane Swim Unit are both properly bonded and you maintain proper water chemistry.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [toronja10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello from Endless Pools,

It does sound like you're considering our Fastlane swim current generator, which mounts to the deck or wall of traditional pools. To clarify, a salt water pool will not void the warranty for our Fastlane. It will change the maintenance requirements, however, as salt can be corrosive to the metal components.

The incidence of hydraulic-fluid leakage for a properly installed Fastlane in a well-maintained pool is extremely low. It's worth nothing that our hydraulic fluid is non-toxic, vegetable-based, and biodegradable.

If you're actually considering an Original Endless Pool (not a Fastlane for a traditional pool), then it comes standard with our state-of-the-art water quality system. The Original Endless Pool uses an inexpensive mineral sanitizer that can keep the water crystal clear with less chlorine than is allowable in tap water. For what it's worth, salt systems also require small amounts of chlorine.

Hope that helps! We're happy to answer any questions at 877-900-7820 (U.S. and Canada).
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [endlesspools] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to have someone from your company responding on the forums :)

I'm also considering installing a Fastlane and had a few questions:

1. Is it better to install a Fastlane in a deep or shallow section of the pool from a current standpoint? My pool ranges from 3' to 8' in depth.
2. What's the maximum current speed of a Fastlane?
3. I heard a rumor about an iPhone/iPad app for Endless pools that would allow for pre-programmed structured workouts. Any progress on this front?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to help, GreenPlease!

1. The minimum depth recommended for the Fastlane is 39" of water, so 3'3" from the bottom of the pool to the water line. Based on your depth specs, the majority of your pool's walls should be suitable for a Fastlane installation.

2. The Fastlane has over 50 speeds, topping out at a 1:08/100-yard pace.

3. The app has arrived! It's called Fit@Home, and it works with the Fastlane as well as our Original Endless Pool. At the time of ordering, please specify that you want your swimming machine to be compatible with Fit@Home. You can learn more about the app here: https://www.endlesspools.com/...-fit-at-home-app.php

If you'd like to explore a Fastlane further, feel free to contact Mike Sparacio at msparacio@endlesspools.com. Thanks for asking!
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [endlesspools] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went in the Riverflow System website and they compare fast lane with other companies and themselves. There they claim the warranty is voided. I’m glad that that’s misinformation. Also, I’ve been discouraged to use fastlane due to the corrosion issue by many pools guys. Is there a solution to the issue or a newer model out or coming out that does not have this issue? If the machine corrodes, is the lifespan of the machine shorter or cause malfunctioning?

Pain is Weakness Leaving Your Body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the Sentry River Pool for the last 10 years. It works great. It should be able to use salt water without any problems. Call Sentry Pools to verify, they were very helpful in the sale and installation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toronja10 wrote:
I went in the Riverflow System website and they compare fast lane with other companies and themselves. There they claim the warranty is voided. I’m glad that that’s misinformation. Also, I’ve been discouraged to use fastlane due to the corrosion issue by many pools guys. Is there a solution to the issue or a newer model out or coming out that does not have this issue? If the machine corrodes, is the lifespan of the machine shorter or cause malfunctioning?

My suggestion would be to PM or call Endless Pools directly. I'm sure they can answer all your questions. Both my landscape architect and I have called them with numerous questions as we're designing our pool, and they've been very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only problem that I have had when I have looked at buying, is that if you are considering buying used / never installed, there customer service is AWEFUL. I tried to buy a new liner for a pool that I bought from someone that never installed their pool and I purchased with all the items still in the cardboard packing and such. I was told by Endless pools that I needed to pay a $500.00 transfer fee to then buy a new liner from them... WHY do I need to pay a transfer fee, what does that get me? Nothing, except to buy a liner from them...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toronja10,

If you contact our rep Mike Sparacio at 877-900-7820 or msparacio@endlesspools.com, he can walk you through all of your options. He can explain the maintenance schedule and our tips to prevent/slow corrosion in salt water.

We're happy to provide personalized service so we can help you fully explore your options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a Endless Pool fastlane in my saltwater pool for about two years and have not had any issues. They have a sacrificial anode that attaches to the unit that you have to replace every 4-6 months that keeps the unit from rusting. Not a big deal....five mins with a screw driver.

I am not so sure about the 1:08....my guess is that it is more like 1:12, but that's just me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I have an endless pool fast lane for 8 months now and it's by far the best swim current I have ever used.

I would recomment the mirror...very helpful.

I would also recommend tye Fit@Home because if you take swimming seriously then you'll notice Endless Pool biggest flaw...distance control. Without Fit@Home, it's pure guess work.
So I would like to request some info on the EP Controller for the Fit@Home. What is the cost? Am I able to purchase it in Europe? For me this app is essential as I currently have to workout distances based on time/100m or counting strokes...major flaw. Having used endless pool, this IS A MUST.

Can Endless pool confirm the above as I am desperate to get one installed as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [Stuparry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Stuart,

Very glad to hear that you're enjoying your Fastlane with our underwater mirror. Thanks for the good word!

As for the Fit@Home app, it is available in Europe (at this point, in English only, but that's clearly fine for you). For pricing and installation information, please contact your local dealer, the same as when you purchased the Fastlane. It looks like yours is Spa & Wellness at http://www.endlesspools.cz/.

I'll also check with our U.S.-based representative to keep him aware of this request.

Stuparry wrote:
Hello,

I have an endless pool fast lane for 8 months now and it's by far the best swim current I have ever used.

I would recomment the mirror...very helpful.

I would also recommend tye Fit@Home because if you take swimming seriously then you'll notice Endless Pool biggest flaw...distance control. Without Fit@Home, it's pure guess work.
So I would like to request some info on the EP Controller for the Fit@Home. What is the cost? Am I able to purchase it in Europe? For me this app is essential as I currently have to workout distances based on time/100m or counting strokes...major flaw. Having used endless pool, this IS A MUST.

Can Endless pool confirm the above as I am desperate to get one installed as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Stuart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Do you guys make an "elite" version of the Fastlane? Is there anywhere in FL I could try a Fastlane pool? I recently tried one of your competitors' pools and it really put me off to the idea of one of these systems. I'm hoping the system you guys make is significantly better.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the inquiry. We feel fully confident that you'll find the Endless Pools current superior to our competitors'.

At this time, the Fastlane maxes out at a pace equivalent to 1:08/100 yards, the same as our Original Endless Pool. Our Elite Endless Pool can reach even faster speeds, up to :51/100 yards, but that is not available with the Fastlane.

To arrange a test swim in your area, please speak with one of our Design Representatives at 877-900-7820. If you're only interested in adding the Fastlane to a traditional pool, then please speak with Michael Sparacio at that number or at msparacio@endlesspools.com.

GreenPlease wrote:
Hi there,

Do you guys make an "elite" version of the Fastlane? Is there anywhere in FL I could try a Fastlane pool? I recently tried one of your competitors' pools and it really put me off to the idea of one of these systems. I'm hoping the system you guys make is significantly better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
out of curiosity, what's the price point of these systems?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total side question, but why would you want to go with a salt water pool? I've never heard of someone doing that, but, based on some of the replies, it seems reasonably common.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammonjj wrote:
Total side question, but why would you want to go with a salt water pool? I've never heard of someone doing that, but, based on some of the replies, it seems reasonably common.

Salt water pools are becoming more and more common (at least around here). Everyone I know that has built a pool recently has gone with a salt system. The name is a bit of a misnomer, as the water is nothing like ocean water, and the perception that it's chlorine-free is also not true. The difference between a 'chlorine' pool and a 'salt' pool is that with the former you have to add liquid chlorine or chlorine tablets regularly to sanitize the pool. With a salt pool you add salt to the water and then a chlorine generator converts the salt to chlorine to sanitize the pool. Overall chlorine levels are far lower in a salt pool, to the point that you don't smell chlorine and it doesn't irritate your skin the way it does in a chlorine pool. Pros of a salt system are less routine maintenance, no chlorine smell/taste, and easier on the skin/hair. Cons are higher upfront equipment cost, more complex system, and the salt is hard on equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like salt-water pools, Endless Pools require just a little chlorine. We use a mineral sanitizer, so you can keep the water crystal clear with less chlorine than is allowable in tap water, so it's very gentle on your skin and hair.

We don't recommend salt systems for the Endless Pool. The salt will corrode many of the components required to create our signature swim current.

hammonjj wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endlesspools wrote:
We don't recommend salt systems for the Endless Pool. The salt will corrode many of the components required to create our signature swim current.

Is the recommendation against salt systems specific to the original endless pool, or do you also not recommend salt systems for Fastlane units?

While I have your ear, do you mind clarifying whether the fit@home app can be used with a Fastlane, or is it just for the original endless pool?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool or River Flow Swim System PLEASE HELP!! [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the Fastlane in a salt-water pool, we strongly recommend an accelerated maintenance schedule. We offer a sacrificial anode to help mitigate damage and suggest more frequent inspections of the underwater motor. To explore a salt water Fastlane further, feel free to talk with Michael Sparacio at msparacio@endlesspools.com or call him (in the U.S./Canada) at 877-900-7820.

The Fit@Home app can be used with both the Fastlane and the Original Endless Pool. You should ask for a compatible controller at the time of purchase; the compatible controller can be retrofitted to existing Endless Pools and Fastlanes both.

el gato wrote:
endlesspools wrote:

Is the recommendation against salt systems specific to the original endless pool, or do you also not recommend salt systems for Fastlane units?

While I have your ear, do you mind clarifying whether the fit@home app can be used with a Fastlane, or is it just for the original endless pool?

Thanks!
Quote Reply