Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiroCowboy wrote:
I see Moats podiumed 60-64

CC

But did he show up to get his award on the podium? If so, what did the crowd do

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
ChiroCowboy wrote:
I see Moats podiumed 60-64

CC

But did he show up to get his award on the podium? If so, what did the crowd do

The awards are tomorrow (Sunday) night.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
A Norwegian. Could be Lars Petter Stormo if he has a good day. He did 2.45 on the marathon at IM France last year and was best AG and 7th overall at IM Austria this year.

Good call on the Storm.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Halvard wrote:
A Norwegian. Could be Lars Petter Stormo if he has a good day. He did 2.45 on the marathon at IM France last year and was best AG and 7th overall at IM Austria this year.

Good call on the Storm.
Lars Petter Stormo go a puncture during the bike leg. So if I play the what if game, I was right .........:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like stubeliski was doing really well until mile 16-17 and then had a rough patch of a few miles.

Any idea what happened to Giuliano? He didn’t have the bike I was expecting and his run was well short of what he’s capable of.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if he got the waiver for his infamous bike mirrors, the douche.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Good call on the Storm.

It seems odd that no one has mentioned the actual results: Christian Haupt of Germany won the AG OA title with an 8:55. Stormo of Norway was second in 8:59 and Martin Kurt Huhndorf of Germany was 3rd in 9:00.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Good call on the Storm.

It seems odd that no one has mentioned the actual results: Christian Haupt of Germany won the AG OA title with an 8:55. Stormo of Norway was second in 8:59 and Martin Kurt Huhndorf of Germany was 3rd in 9:00.

It's not odd.....it's an American forum after all.

The Germans seem to own that race on American soil. Even Mike Reilley's German language skills are getting pretty decent.

And any of these guys is at the doorstep to follow into Frodeno's, Kienle, Lange's footsteps.

Frightening...
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Good call on the Storm.

The Germans seem to own that race on American soil. Even Mike Reilley's German language skills are getting pretty decent.

And any of these guys is at the doorstep to follow into Frodeno's, Kienle, Lange's footsteps.

Frightening...

So you are saying that the Americans here are just talk??

It was Americans writing on this thread before the race.........
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Good call on the Storm.

And any of these guys is at the doorstep to follow into Frodeno's, Kienle, Lange's footsteps. Frightening...

This would depend on whether any of these guys WANT to go pro or not. There have been plenty of great AGers over the years who COULD have gone pro but chose not to, for a variety of reasons. Obv you gotta really WANT it to be a good to great pro.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be such a hard call to make, especially on the men's side. You have to wonder how much a guy like Kyle Buckingham struggles to make ends meet.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
That would be such a hard call to make, especially on the men's side. You have to wonder how much a guy like Kyle Buckingham struggles to make ends meet.

I kinda think it boils down to literally what you want to do with your life, or at least your life up through your early 40s. I can think of two outstanding AG triathletes whom I've known, one of whom has a 2:20 open mary to his credit. I mean, Holy Sheet Batman, 2:20, that is really pretty damn fast, espec for a tri guy. Anyway, the 2:20 guy decided NOT to go pro b/c he was making an excellent salary in real estate and figured he lose money by going pro. So he takes the pragmatic, realist route. The other guy, with no 2:20 and arguably less talent than 2:20 guy, was also making an excellent income in technical sales but he did decide to go pro. He has done OK but I suspect he does struggle to make ends meet as he is about on a par with Kyle Buckingham. He told me he just wanted to do something diff with his life rather than just stay in the hum-drum world of sales, and he has enjoyed his vagabond pro lifestyle over the past 4 years. So, it seems to boil down to personal choice, at least in my very limited experience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aloha

Here is my race report from my race where I came 2nd overall in age-group @ 8:59:09 )for those who are interested😉).
It's in norwegian, but use Google translate 😊

https://www.oslosportslager.no/...-pa-hawaii--402.aspx

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stormo wrote:
Aloha

Here is my race report from my race where I came 2nd overall in age-group @ 8:59:09 )for those who are interested😉).

The Storm rolls in...
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
Nick Noone will destroy the 18-24 men's field, not sure how fast the other top guys will be but he'll be a pretty good pro if he tries next year.

He had a DNF after the bike...any idea what happen?
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After 5th and 4th were called up, they called Moats. When he got to the podium he went to do the gentleman-ly thing and shake hands with 5th and 4th. 5th refused to shake his hand.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [glowstickgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glowstickgirl wrote:
After 5th and 4th were called up, they called Moats. When he got to the podium he went to do the gentleman-ly thing and shake hands with 5th and 4th. 5th refused to shake his hand.

Did Moats get booed?

Kudo's to the 5th place person

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Oct 20, 17 13:44
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Any idea what happened to Giuliano? He didn’t have the bike I was expecting and his run was well short of what he’s capable of.

He got a nasty flu bug the week of and couldn't hold down any nutrition during the race.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. That’s terrible. I honestly thought this would be the year he got the AG and possibly amateur win.

Maybe next year.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stormo wrote:
Aloha

Great race, congrats!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea, so odd, good swim, good bike, and he was running 7min pace the last check point before the dnf. I only thought he'd be good because I saw him win collegiate nats and then win at Santa Rosa in his first full in easy fashion.
Quote Reply
Re: Who will win Kona AG race? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
peace242000 wrote:
Nick Noone will destroy the 18-24 men's field, not sure how fast the other top guys will be but he'll be a pretty good pro if he tries next year.

He had a DNF after the bike...any idea what happen?

Was just not his day, I am sure he will be back. Kid is young and crazy fast, can't wait to see him destroy it out there.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply

Prev Next