Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No big deal. All this means is that we can watch and treat the cup in the exact same way that we typically watch and treat the cup after the second round.

And there have been better footballing nations who have failed to qualify than the US, so this puts us in good company.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
burnman wrote:
No surprise there. People were obviously calling for his head, but giving him the immediate boot was not the right answer. His resignation (while little more than a cosmetic change) buys US soccer a bit of time before they need to demonstrate action.

No they should have done him like USC and Pat Hayden did Lane Kiffin, fire him before he gets on the plane home.

On another topic here is why the future is bleak, USA Soccer and their rules regarding headers.

http://usclubsoccer.org/...g-for-youth-players/

Several of the leading soccer federations do not let their accredited coaches "train" headers under the age of 10-11.

It does make sense and does not limit player development at all.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Yeah, yesterday Arena's own comments were that he didn't want to go through another 4 year cycle, and said he'll go with whatever is right. Well, I think it was made apparent what was right.

Problem now is: who steps into this job? Gulati, if he doesn't resign -- which he likely won't -- then the election is in February. Particularly, if you're an outsider coming into the US job and the man who picked you is ousted in February, then you may be looking at a quick exit yourself. In truth, though, I don't think they'll bring in an outsider. Still tenuous until the time that Gulati leaves.

No idea if this would do anything, but I just signed this petition https://www.change.org/...l-gulati-resignation

He's actually a lecturer at my alma pater, and if I were still a student there, I'd stage some protest to call for his resignation

AlanShearer wrote:
No big deal. All this means is that we can watch and treat the cup in the exact same way that we typically watch and treat the cup after the second round.

And there have been better footballing nations who have failed to qualify than the US, so this puts us in good company.

Basically how you guys (the English) have been treating the cup for the last decade or so :p?
Last edited by: echappist: Oct 13, 17 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
No idea if this would do anything, but I just signed this petition https://www.change.org/...l-gulati-resignation

He's actually a lecturer at my alma pater, and if I were still a student there, I'd stage some protest to call for his resignation

Well, what Columbia snob is going to pay attention to a petty petition?! *eyeroll* (joking about the Columbia generalization, although for Gulati, he may think he's above it.)

I hope there will be a fair number that stand up to run, which will collectively gain momentum for someone else to take over. Eric Wynalda, Dan Gans, John Motta, and Paul Lapointe are potential new presidents.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply

Prev Next