Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AirDog Auto-Follow Drone With Some Spares & 2nd Battery
Quote | Reply
AirDog (first edition) auto-follow drone. Updated by AirDog to the newer LiDAR system. Includes second battery (MSRP $150), two spare arms (left and right), and a couple spare propellers (not a full set). Includes charger and all cables. Will ship in original box (not shown).

Runs great. Have used it a bunch, but I got a DJI Mavic Pro and it's just more portable and better for me. And I don't need two drones.

I had a crash with it, but sent it back to AirDog for a complete overhaul and re-furb and no issues since. They have made huge updates to the firmware, and I haven't had any problems since that one incident. And AirDog repaired it free of charge.

Works fine with Hero 3 or 4. Need to get the different housing from AirDog for use with Hero 5 (and maybe 6...) which is $80.

Run time is about 15min, which is not great and it's a bit big as compared with something like the Mavic, but the "follow me" mode is unbelievable, and it will follow you through trees and even if it totally loses sight of you (something that the DJI drones will not). I filmed something where i ran under a tunnel and the AirDog tracked me going in and then picked me up as soon as I came back out.

It's probably more suited to folks who do shorter action sports - skateboard, BMX, waterskiing, etc. It's light enough and fast enough that you could use it for skiing/snowboarding with a backpack.

Just not ideal for me.

Asking $900 shipped CONUS. Total new was close to $1500 including all accessories.

Thanks.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply