Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are super-expensive Swimskins worth the money?
Quote | Reply
My daughter, a great club swimmer, wants a £200 swimskin for her birthday. Are we mental to even consider it or do these things make a noticeable difference, even if it's only a placebo effect?
Last edited by: RCCo: Oct 10, 17 2:06
Quote Reply
Re: A super-expensive Swimskins worth the money? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a teacher I notice lots of kids get everything now-a-days, personally I wouldn't bother and tell her to train harder, but then again it's not me who has face up to her being disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Are super-expensive Swimskins worth the money? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was swimming I noticed a difference. It most likely was placebo, however I switched from a pair of decent racing jammers to a pair of high-end ones and immediately knocked almost a second off my 50m Free time. The trouble I think is that most swimmers at the club level have nice swim skins/jammers so it is quite difficult for those who don't have them, even if it's just a case of fitting in or belonging.

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Are super-expensive Swimskins worth the money? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're talking tech suit, right? Not a tri swim skin.

How old? They do make a difference, but what I would do, depending on age, is link the suit to achievement of a standard (eg regional or nationals cuts) plus academics and a general "parenting veto". Grades drop, no suit. Behaviour is poor, no suit. Etc.

Under 11 or 12, dep on how the age groups go, is too young IMO.

Oh, £200 isn't super expensive for those things. That's a middle of the road tech suit.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Oct 10, 17 2:57
Quote Reply