Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Cozumel VIP lounge worth it?
Quote | Reply
Im going to IM Cozumel, and since I hace my parents, wife and toddler coming, I was wondering if it is woth it to buy (50$ each) the VIP Package por them. It includes:

• Access to VIP Finish Line Viewing and Hospitality area.
  • Catering and hospitality throughout race day.

Im afraid it will be just a place with a shade, some low quality snaks and nothing else.

has anyone used it? especifically in Cozumel?

http://www.ironmancozumel.com/...ndex.php/vip-lounge/

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel VIP lounge worth it? [hisholiness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knowing how Mexico works, it sounds about right. For $50 per, they can probably find a restaurant with a shaded outdoor patio on or near the course and just hang out there all day.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't used the one in Cozumel but was given a pass to one at IMTX a few years ago. The shade and proximity to the finish line (right on it) were nice but not something I'd pay for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it for my wife last year. $50 is chump change (at least for one person) for an IM. Although the food was meh, it was nice for her to have a shaded place to go. And she got a nice video of her sitting there eating and drinking as I headed out for run lap 2.... Also a seat in the bleacher at the finish, which was nice.

Being on her own, she wasn't likely to go sit at a restaurant. If she was in a group I probably wouldn't buy one for the group. There are a few restaurants along the run course that people can hang out in (although if they're gonna sit there all day, they should be ordering food and drink).

Better deal was she volunteered for the med tent (not a doc). That gave her a credential that she was able to come in and hang out in the athlete post race area with me for a while.
Last edited by: ChrisM: Oct 20, 17 16:33
Quote Reply