Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding in Louisville - Louisville Loop
Quote | Reply
I'm headed down to spectate this weekend and will be bringing my gravel bike. It doesn't look like there's any gravel nearby, but I found a trail called the Louisville Loop. It looks like they've completed 22 or so miles starting from downtown running west and then south along the river. Has anyone ridden the trail? Is it an actual mixed use trail or simply bike lanes? Is it reasonably well marked? I've found conflicting articles online so I thought I'd turn to ST for advice. I'm hoping to get some riding in just for something to do and to stay busy, this looked like it might be the easiest way to do so. Any advice on riding down there outside of hopping on the Ironman course?
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Louisville - Louisville Loop [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking at the trail that runs along the river I ran it two weeks ago (from downtown to river park). Mostly paved with one closed section due to flooding. If you are bringing a gravel bike why not check out the CX course?

https://louisvilleky.gov/...ark-cyclocross-venue
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Louisville - Louisville Loop [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louisville native here. The loop is primarily a narrow, paved pedestrian pathway, although if you ride west you will eventually merge with roads and have to ride in the bike lane. Really just depends on how far you're wanting to go. You'll want to start at the Belle of Louisville (our famous paddle boat) dock and follow the green bike path west/away from the Great Lawn.

As another person mentioned, you can head east on River Road and do some nice leisurely riding that direction as well. Eva Bandman is our big CX "park." If you make it 3 miles to Zorn Ave you can pick up a nice (paved) trail that runs through Cox's Park which is nice and flat with some good views of the river.

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help you navigate and make the most of your time in town!
Quote Reply