Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dolan Bikes in the UK? Alternatives for a stock carbon 650 road bike? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knowing the wheel base and chainstay length i get something just under 545 for the front/center depending on the bb drop. That is really short, the uci limit is 540. My cannondale r800 (44) is 539 and i hit my foot on the front tire all of the time but I'm also using 170 cranks and i wear a size 43 shoe. My other 650 bikes are in the 555 to 565 range and i have no issues there.

Now if we could get fork rake (offset) instead of trail we would need 50 to 53 of rake to bring the trail down near/under 60. 55mm of rake would likely be my limit.

I took a really hard look at the bike but have concluded it's just a little too short (lengthwise) for me but would likely fit well for someone that doesn't have gorilla arms like i do.
Quote Reply
Re: Dolan Bikes in the UK? Alternatives for a stock carbon 650 road bike? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have little bitty alligator arms and am on 150 cranks, so I think the size will work. I've really liked the handling on my NP3, compared to my first tri bike. While the wheelbase is the same on both, the chainstay and trail is longer on the NP3. I think that makes the difference. The BB is also a half cm higher on the NP3.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Dolan Bikes in the UK? Alternatives for a stock carbon 650 road bike? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what you describe i would think so too.

Are you on a 45cm P3?
I'm on a 45cm P2.

If you are, that frame has the front end geometry like a road bike. Personally i like it as well.

I've also debated on converting my old 48cm P2 into a road bike. The front end is nearly the same as the new P2 but with a slightly taller headtube and a little less BB drop. They advertise 61 mm of trail but i calculated 59mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Dolan Bikes in the UK? Alternatives for a stock carbon 650 road bike? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, 45 cm. I really like it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also the chainstay on the old Cervelo 48 is shorter than the NP2/3.

Last edited by: Tri3: Oct 12, 17 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Dolan Bikes in the UK? Alternatives for a stock carbon 650 road bike? [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Stumps,
Could you give Dolan a ring and find out 1) what is the front-center measurement, and 2) fork rake? I would really appreciate it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates

the rake on culprit Junior two is 45 mm

I'm down to my last ones with custom paint offer and if you want to do your own builds can sell frameset only.

Let ne know.
Cheers
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Oct 30, 17 6:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got the front--center measurement pretty darn close. Finally heard from Dolan Bikes today. The Front Centre is approximately 555mm and the rake is 43mm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry only just seen this am in Europe this week.
Quote Reply

Prev Next