Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cake
Quote | Reply
Just saw them in concert at the Arizona State Fair.

Started at 7:00 and ended at 8:30.

Perfect.

Mrs Duffy, little Duffy and I hopped a flight from SB to Phoenix this afternoon, did the fair thing (it was 95 degrees, I ate deep fried Reese’s pb cups, deep fried Oreos, deep fried cheese cake and deep fried butter balls...for dinner) then saw the show.

If you like Cake it was a good show.

The singer looks like your typical drunk beach parking lot local or the guy who sells you a six pack of Coor’s at a small bait shop. The guitarist looks a friend of mine (exactly). The horn/keyboard player looks like he just got off work from his architecture firm.

Fly back tomorrow morning.

And to Windywave, no I did not have to remove my shoes.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Cake [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Always figured you for a guy who'd like an Italian leather sofa.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Just saw them in concert at the Arizona State Fair.

Started at 7:00 and ended at 8:30.

Perfect.

Mrs Duffy, little Duffy and I hopped a flight from SB to Phoenix this afternoon, did the fair thing (it was 95 degrees, I ate deep fried Reese’s pb cups, deep fried Oreos, deep fried cheese cake and deep fried butter balls...for dinner) then saw the show.

If you like Cake it was a good show.

The singer looks like your typical drunk beach parking lot local or the guy who sells you a six pack of Coor’s at a small bait shop. The guitarist looks a friend of mine (exactly). The horn/keyboard player looks like he just got off work from his architecture firm.

Fly back tomorrow morning.

And to Windywave, no I did not have to remove my shoes.

I still haven't flown private. Maybe one day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The singer looks like your typical drunk beach parking lot local or the guy who sells you a six pack of Coor’s at a small bait shop.
Shit!

Quote | Reply
Did they give away a tree?

Saw them locally this summer at a small festival. Music was great, they were a really tight band, but the singer spent half the set talking and rambling about politics in the US. It was really weird.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Oct 8, 17 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Cake [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Did he give away a tree?

Saw them locally this summer at a small festival. Music was great, they were a really tight band, but the singer spent half the set talking and rambling about politics in the US. It was really weird.

He talked a little. Not much politics. It’s Arizona. Half the crowd was packing.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe I missed this in the OP: Deep fried butter balls? Is that just a ball of butter dropped in the fryer?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I can't believe I missed this in the OP: Deep fried butter balls? Is that just a ball of butter dropped in the fryer?

Yup. Not that good when compared to deep fried Oreos or peanut butter cups.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, zero security getting into the fair and then zero security getting into the concert venue.

I know for a fact the guy in front of me at the concert was carrying a pistol. I saw it.

There were probably (I would guess) a thousand or more firearms in the arena.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply