Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds Element Disc vs. Zipp 9 Disc
Quote | Reply
Looking into investing in a disc wheel for racing and am currently looking at these two. Anyone have experience with both or any insight. Looking into a carbon clincher over tubular.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Element Disc vs. Zipp 9 Disc [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Element and I like. It is on narrow side but rolls well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Looking into investing in a disc wheel for racing and am currently looking at these two. Anyone have experience with both or any insight. Looking into a carbon clincher over tubular.

We have both in our house. As mentioned, the Element is a narrow rim compared to the Zipp. The open valve pocket makes inflation easier. It also allows for using valve in a pinch, so it could cut down on what you need to carry for a flat kit.

There is a new Element for sale in the classifieds right now, at a very low price compared to MSRP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have a Reynolds Element. After a handful of rides (less than 2.5 years old) this exact same thing happened to mine. Mine was a more recent version of the wheel. Not sure if the current ones have the same issue. Apparently, these were not "isolated" cases of the hub dislodging from the Element. I have since returned to Zipp. Have never had an issue with Zipp. Ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx0hTPwkZi0 This is not my video...but one on the web that I found when researching what happened to mine.

Last edited by: jar70: Oct 7, 17 19:33
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Element Disc vs. Zipp 9 Disc [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not tubs?
Quote Reply