Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Modifying an entry level tri bike to a premium level.
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I recently moved out my TM01 in order to purchase the new model, but I was curious about how much difference I'm buying between the 01 and 02 or Canyon Speedmax CF.

I have Pro Missile Evo bars, Sram eTap, and an Omega front brake to add, which will clean up front and still be pretty easy to travel with. How much would these upgrades reduce the penalty of not buying the integrated versions?

My main concern is the stiffness of the carbon. Is the carbon considerably less stiff on the 02 or CF vs. their premium counterpart? The websites don't give much insight between the difference. I ride in a fairly aggressive position, but I think I will still be able to get low enough in the front without any spacer or find a negative degree stem if necessary. Is there anything I should consider?
Last edited by: onceatriathlet3: Oct 7, 17 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying an entry level tri bike to a premium level. [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a tmo 1 & 2. Both 2 years old. I don't notice a difference in the frame stiffness.

Just got back from a destination race with the 01 and it was very easy to travel with.

The 1 looks a lot "cooler" than the 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Modifying an entry level tri bike to a premium level. [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Hi all,

I recently moved out my TM01 in order to purchase the new model, but I was curious about how much difference I'm buying between the 01 and 02 or Canyon Speedmax CF.

I have Pro Missile Evo bars, Sram eTap, and an Omega front brake to add, which will clean up front and still be pretty easy to travel with. How much would these upgrades reduce the penalty of not buying the integrated versions?

My main concern is the stiffness of the carbon. Is the carbon considerably less stiff on the 02 or CF vs. their premium counterpart? The websites don't give much insight between the difference. I ride in a fairly aggressive position, but I think I will still be able to get low enough in the front without any spacer or find a negative degree stem if necessary. Is there anything I should consider?

i think a fair thing to say would be that if you take any bike with an integrated front end and it's matching non-integrated ''version'' (say, p5 vs. p2/3, PR6 vs. PR5, TM01 vs TM02, etc) and really pimp out the ''lower end'' version with cockpit and brake choice, you will not be giving up any time. And in some cases you'll be gaining time depending on OEM setup of the integrated version.

also: nobody on earth can tell the difference between "stiffness" levels of varying carbons in bicycles. not really. if they say they can they're either making shit up or they don't understand what changes a bike's compliance.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 8, 17 7:28
Quote Reply