Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
[/font][/li]
  • I had to velcro the Di2 junction box under the base bar
  • [/ul]

The vuka stealth does have hide all wires and everything else you need to hide! I simply decided that charging my di2 would be a simple task so I left it out right by the bento box would've be installed! Just as clean, no wires all by simply buying an extra junction b box and 2 di2 wires πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Looks like Tririg it is....

blog
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [stevej] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Yeah, just saw TriRig's teaser photo on FB. I concede my speculation with defeat :/

Alex Arman

Strava
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Is it just me or do the bull horns look like they are angled down toward the ground?

blog
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Hoping the horns are not angled down...hoping there is ETap storage....hoping the angled extension mounts are included....and hoping they moved away from orange accent colors.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply

Hello! How are you doing? Let me ask you here in your post. Do you still use Alpha X? I'm tending to buy Alpha X. However, if you can answer these questions, thank you: "One point I'm afraid of regarding the Alpha X is the only side bolt in the steering clamp. It may sound silly, but a single screw does not give me confidence that the aerobar will withstand the problems of uneven roads, and the "pressure" of steeper climbs. I'm afraid TriRig will not have as strong a product as other top brands. - And also, does Alpha X really "hide" junction box and DI2 cabling without unpleasant surprises? I intend to use Alpha X on a Fuji Norcom 1.1 2017. You could inform me? Thank you for your attention.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Andrius_] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Andrius_ wrote:

Hello! How are you doing? Let me ask you here in your post. Do you still use Alpha X? I'm tending to buy Alpha X. However, if you can answer these questions, thank you: "One point I'm afraid of regarding the Alpha X is the only side bolt in the steering clamp. It may sound silly, but a single screw does not give me confidence that the aerobar will withstand the problems of uneven roads, and the "pressure" of steeper climbs. I'm afraid TriRig will not have as strong a product as other top brands. - And also, does Alpha X really "hide" junction box and DI2 cabling without unpleasant surprises? I intend to use Alpha X on a Fuji Norcom 1.1 2017. You could inform me? Thank you for your attention.

I had the Alpha X for a few years and never experienced problems with the single steering clamp bolt. It is a very good clamping system.

There's lots of space to hide the junction box.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [beston] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Thank you!
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Andrius_] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    My question with the bar would be the TriRig Stem and how that fits in the cutout on the Fuji Norcom. I have a 2017 Norcom as well, and want to upgrade the bars... but, I'm debating between TriRig, PD Aeria Ultimate, or the new Vision TFA. But, the stems on all 3 make me nervous that they won't fit clean. Might be leaning PD Aeria and using the existing Oval Stem - Or am i losing performance and aerodynamics by skipping the Aeria stem integration.

Cheers,
    Matt
    (Columbus, OH)
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [czarneckiosu] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Didn't someone on utube cover that bike with a alpha x?
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    thanks!! video shows it pretty well. Fit is nice. Tririg stem is skinnier than the Oval - but fits fine. The tririg alpha one stem looks thicker than the "X" - might be an even better fit.

Cheers,
    Matt
    (Columbus, OH)
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [czarneckiosu] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I don't know if Alpha One would fit the Norcom. You need a minimum of 28mm clearance behind the center of the steering axis.

--
    TriRig.com
    Last edited by: TriRig: Nov 17, 18 10:00
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    For those who've used the X, what do you have to do to pull the bar off the steerer tube for shipping? On tri bars with rear exits there is typically enough slack. With the X, do you have to disconnect the brake cable from the Omega or is there a way to have extra cable housing slack in the base bar and not use the cable stop so that as you pull the bar up, the extra housing comes out and no cables have to be disconnected?
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    BigBoyND wrote:
    For those who've used the X, what do you have to do to pull the bar off the steerer tube for shipping? On tri bars with rear exits there is typically enough slack. With the X, do you have to disconnect the brake cable from the Omega or is there a way to have extra cable housing slack in the base bar and not use the cable stop so that as you pull the bar up, the extra housing comes out and no cables have to be disconnected?
    For the brake, you can pop the wedge out of the assembly by hand, no tools needed, and then you get all the cable slack you need, but without losing any adjustment. When you arrive at your destination, just pop it back in.

For the bars, it’s just two bolts: one at the top cap, one at the wedge clamp. Then everything slides right off.

--
    TriRig.com
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Wow that's genius. Thanks! I have a tririg front and I wrestle with the cable housing a little on my Ventus bars to slide it off without disconnecting. Didn't realize it wedge can just pop out. You really think of everything
    Quote Reply
    Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    BigBoyND wrote:
    Wow that's genius. Thanks! I have a tririg front and I wrestle with the cable housing a little on my Ventus bars to slide it off without disconnecting. Didn't realize it wedge can just pop out. You really think of everything
    Thanks for the kind words! Note, that feature wasn't present on the original Omega Standard. But it made it into all subsequent models. During the design of those later brakes, we realized we could just put a little split at the front of the cable stop, and make life that much easier for the traveling athlete.

--
    TriRig.com
    Quote Reply

Prev Next