Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The calm before the storm?
Quote | Reply
Any speculation on WTF Trump means by this? Lot of press and nobody seems to know. Or is Don just being Don?
Quote Reply
Re: The calm before the storm? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like more kids will be sent to die in meaningless wars. President Flatfeet will be playing 18 holes while stupidity reigns.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The calm before the storm? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a worst case scenario, but lets hope the guy simply calls it fake news by the end of the weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, everything is under control.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, look! Another cerveloguy thread about Trump!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy there man - he could’ve been referencing Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going with ditching the Iran deal. He really cannot kill it, just kick it to congress to deal with. I suspect they will keep it in place and the orange don will look even better to his base. It is kind of a game of chicken to him, he really does not want to squash the deal, no one in his cabinet agrees with him, but his trumpsters will eat it up like a dead water buffalo in a piranha pond. So in reality nothing really changes and he solidifies his crazy minions for the time when the hammer falls on him from the special counsel..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
That's a worst case scenario, but lets hope the guy simply calls it fake news by the end of the weekend.

Hope springs eternal....

"David W. Barno, a retired Army lieutenant general, who led the war effort in Afghanistan for almost two years, said the changes probably indicate that the American military is shifting from a largely defensive war and “getting off its hands and much more involved in combat operations.”

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The calm before the storm? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"David W. Barno, a retired Army lieutenant general, who led the war effort in Afghanistan for almost two years, said the changes probably indicate that the American military is shifting from a largely defensive war and “getting off its hands and much more involved in combat operations.”

I'd love to hear Steve Hawley's take on that comment.
Quote Reply
Re: The calm before the storm? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've no idea what our President intends with this assertion--your supposition is as good as mine.

As to Dave Barno. Well i swam next to him most afternoon workout sessions for a good long year--and i can out-swim him cruising on 200s? No, we did not discuss aspects of the Free World at pool side or in the shower. I was a junior MAJ and he was a very senior COL. Between social interactions and Post meetings my walkaway is that the man is honorable, knows what he is talking about and you'd be well rewarded by listening to him

There is no way in hell i can tell you what this means as regards to the more offensive nature of the ROE, nor can i tell you what it might means in term of US involvement. I can point u towards my ranger buddy's proclamation about this endeavor

http://www.times-standard.com/...70824/NEWS/170829935

i can assure you that Mick got frostbite on his ears in Ranger School and he looked like a Klingon--and as we waited out on the PT Field at 0200 for hand to hand instruction he ( and 'yoda') were one of the ones called forward. You do not want to be recognized in Ranger School any capacity.

Please refer to a earlier post i made ref our lack of offensive strategy within theater.

take good care

/r

Steve
Quote Reply