Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any of you 'collectors' here have something to show for? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread should be titled “hey everyone, look at what a prick I am!”

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Any of you 'collectors' here have something to show for? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Any of you 'collectors' here have something to show for? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I would call myself a collector but rather just a gun owner. "Credentials"? I've had some interest in high power shooting competitions and did a sanctioned training competition for it a couple years ago, took 1st out of maybe 25 with a range-loaned M1 and borrowed equipment- lot's of people there who were putting rounds into the dirt at 200M, which is beyond my ability to explain. I've looked into bullseye handgun competition as well and acquired 1 handgun that would be suitable. In most cases any serious competitors use very limited production, specialized rifles or handguns, not the kind of fantasy "Seal team sniper" stuff most people seem to be buying and which I have no interest in (and wouldn't qualify for the competitions).

I grew up around guns and hunting and competitive archery. We always shot at bullseye targets or animal targets. I really was shocked when I moved to the big city and saw that the majority of the people at the range were shooting at some sort of human-like target with mostly military/police style weapons. To me it's some sort of sick fantasy, and a stepping stone to getting a little bit sicker and going for the real thing. Even when I practice with my "concealed carry" weapon I always shoot at circles.

So, yeah I think there's quite a difference between the people attending the organized competitions and the guys blowing up tanerite off in the desert somewhere.
Quote Reply

Prev Next