Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR.
Quote | Reply
Does the D stand for derangement or defender?

Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We should probably be more specific:

TDS = Trump Derangement Syndrome (i.e. "Trump is literally Hitler!!!")
TDSS = Trump Derangement Syndrome Syndrome (i.e. "You're only criticizing his ignorance, immaturity, impulsiveness, incompetence, recklessness, and self defeating behavior because of Trump Derangement Syndrome!!!")

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the D stand for derangement or defender?

Trump Derangement = Trump is Hitler and everything he says and does is the worse ever.

Trump Defender = Trump is an idiot BUT any and all criticism is outrageous and fake. He speaks the truth even when there is proof of his lie. He has a long term plan and is a strategic thinker particularly when the last person he spoke with is that way. He is a person of faith and character, just ask any of his wives or girlfriends. He is brave, supports the military and is willing to fight for his country except when he has heel spurs. He is honest and generous and could prove it but the IRS is taking a record time auditing his taxes.

Nothing unusual about this.
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you call those who think Trump is an idiot but that doesn't also mean everything he says and does is wrong just because he's the one who said/did it?

That's me.
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not a Trump defender. I just play one on the internet.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you call those who think Trump is an idiot but that doesn't also mean everything he says and does is wrong just because he's the one who said/did it?

I'd say that person doesn't belong in the LR...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

That depends. Do you ever call him out on things you disagree with, or just ignore those occasions and only speak up to support him when you happen to agree with something he said.
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be a lot more scared of this Trump Juggernaut:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

Trump ball washer.

I’m right there next to you with a luffa in hand.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

That depends. Do you ever call him out on things you disagree with, or just ignore those occasions and only speak up to support him when you happen to agree with something he said.

It doesn’t matter. I’ve called out Trump and started at least half a dozen threads criticizing him for things he’s said/done, I didn’t vote for him and never will. I used to preface everything I’ve said that could be construed as support with “I don’t like him and would never vote for him and don’t think he should be president”.

But I’m considered to be a die hard, no questions asked Trump supporter here.

It’s quite fascinating, actually.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

It doesn’t matter. I’ve called out Trump and started at least half a dozen threads criticizing him for things he’s said/done, I didn’t vote for him and never will. I used to preface everything I’ve said that could be construed as support with “I don’t like him and would never vote for him and don’t think he should be president”.

You're the ball washer in chief!!

By the way, why did you stop?
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Sanuk: Oct 6, 17 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

You're the ball washer in chief!!

By the way, why did you stop?

Stop what?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...preface everything you said that could be construed as support with “I don’t like him and would never vote for him and don’t think he should be president”.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
...preface everything you said that could be construed as support with “I don’t like him and would never vote for him and don’t think he should be president”.

Laziness. And it was ineffective.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

Trump ball washer.

I’m right there next to you with a luffa in hand.

So then I can count on you to luffa my stretch marks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

Hmmmm...this made me think.

I don't call him out on anything. But, you've made me realize my nature is more to call out others when I think they are being disingenuous or overly partisan. It's not that I'm interested in supporting a given position. More, I'm interested in people being intellectually honest.

I guess I just believe nobody is correct 100% of the time and I am drawn to argue with those who are always against a R position or a D position simply because it's from and R or a D.

Interesting self reflection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

I suppose, but it sure seems like you spend vastly more time & effort defending Trump against his critics (going above and beyond in denigrating the critics, in fact) than you've ever spent criticizing him yourself. If you were anywhere near as disapproving of Trump as you claim, one would think it ought to even out closer to 50/50, but I sure ain't seeing it here.

The primary strategy seems to be finding the most loopy of his critics (no shortage there, to be sure) and seizing on whatever thread of absurdity you can to dismiss the entire chorus of legitimate criticism along with it. It'd be one thing if it were an isolated case, but he tweets so much idiocy day after day after day that the ball-washing pattern becomes awfully clear when you consistently reserve more venom for any detractors than the guy who's actually initiating the idiotic tweets. Again, when weighing/castigating a pair of stupid comments, I'd think that the bar should be set higher for the nation's supreme officeholder than just some other random schmuck on the interwebs, but evidently you disagree...
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa! The TDS is strong in the LR. [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just don’t like to pile on.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just pointing out that the moniker is incredibly unoriginal. The original was the HDS. So "Trump's base" went deep into the creative well to pull out...TDS.

Come on now. They could have brought more to the table than just changing the name on the front.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 6, 17 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:

That's me.

Hmmmm...this made me think.

I don't call him out on anything. But, you've made me realize my nature is more to call out others when I think they are being disingenuous or overly partisan. It's not that I'm interested in supporting a given position. More, I'm interested in people being intellectually honest.

I guess I just believe nobody is correct 100% of the time and I am drawn to argue with those who are always against a R position or a D position simply because it's from and R or a D.

Interesting self reflection.

Says "my nature is more to call out others when I think they are being disingenuous or overly partisan", "More, I'm interested in people being intellectually honest", "I guess I just believe nobody is correct 100% of the time and I am drawn to argue with those who..." as his excuse for not ever calling out Trump.

Can I get a DAFUQ????
Quote Reply