Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Castelli sizing
Quote | Reply
I have read the previous posts but looking or feed back.

Going to a team with Castelli for the next year. I have never owned any but have owned Pactimo and many others

In pactimo I wear small bibs and fit perfect and wear (but hate to since I can not use back pockets) and XS top and small skinsuit.

I would assume medium bibs and small top in castelli, sound about right?
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my experience with Castelli is that it runs small and tight. as if we were all 19yr old italian boys.
https://www.castelli-cycling.com/sizechart

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's easier for us to advise you if you provide height and weight, and if you prefer tight, medium or snugger fit.

I'm 6'0" 165 and wear M in Castelli team custom kit. I only wear the San Remo but I've tried on bibs and jerseys and would choose M in those too. That is with a relatively snug fit. Also guys that are similar in size but go L because they prefer a less snug fit.

We have guys shorter than me on the team that go L because they have larger upper bodies. Then again, we have another guy on the team who is also 6'0" and only a little lighter at about 155 and he went XS in a San Remo and jersey. But he has a narrow upper body and is an outlier as far as how he likes things to fit.

Have you tried asking your teammates? If they have experience with Castelli product and sizing, they should be able to help. I do this for new teammates often. Castelli also offers a Fit Kit that they can set up at a team night - you would have to check with your Castelli rep on that.

Finally, our club, which is based in Los Angeles, will be opening our fall kit order soon with Castelli and so the Fit Kit will be set up at our LBS sponsor from Sat, Oct 14 to Mon, Oct 16. So if you happen to be in the area you could try stuff on in person and know for sure.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it also depends on your preferred fit as well. Super tight? Comfy tight? Draggy and loose?

We've used Castelli for the last several years and the sizing has been consistent. I'm 6'3", 180lbs and wear large. Skinsuits (san remo and body paint) fit perfect. Jerseys are a bit loose in the zipper area when down in the drops. Otherwise all good fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'8
135-138lbs and prefer snug but not too snug in bibs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have an inch and 3-5 lbs on you, I wear medium shorts and small jersey in club cut, would probably get the same for aero cut, it's snug but not uncomfortable in the slightest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My road club uses Castelli. I agree it runs a bit on the small side especially compared to American companies so it is certainly possible you will not be in the same size. But, I have found Castelli's sizing chart to be very accurate. In fact, I have been OK going with the smaller size if in between sizes.

http://valcismon-media-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/sys-master/root/hb6/h55/8888512905246/us-castelli-sizechart.jpg

Just follow the chart and you'll be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny I was told prior to ignore the chart and it pretty much aligns with most others sizing which is interesing since most say size up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
issue that isnt considered with charts is the fabric. some stretch so well and some never really do.

Pactimos chart compared to castellis would run smaller than castelli for small by a cm in all measurements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things could be skewed in the smaller sizes but I am 6'4" and I actually ended up wearing the same size jersey and bibs I wore when we used Voler. Castelli did fit a bit tighter but I was OK with that.

Our club got a try on kit so we were able to check things out.

My club is a cycling club with racers and non racers. The racers all like the Castelli kit choices and there have been essentially no complaints from them about sizing. Some of the more touring type people hated the Castelli fit and actually got the club to offer a second kit choice after 2 years. My hunch if if you are used to a "racy" fit you will be fine. If you like your cycling clothes to fit loose, probably not ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also about 6ft 3in and 180-185 lbs and have never had a good experience with Castelli. I have been on two teams sponsored by Castelli and have gotten rid of every kit due to poor fit even after consulting directly with the Castelli rep and the charts. I have a 42 inch chest, 33 inch inseam and 33 inch waist. The tops are always baggy around the stomach and/or unbearably tight in the shoulders/arms (can barely get them through the sleeves). Then, despite my inseam not being all that long for my height, the bottoms are always barely to my mid-thigh which is too high for my liking.

Anyway, all my buddies love Castelli and swear by it, but I have yet to figure out the right size and am a few hundred in the hole for my efforts.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would guess you would be best in S / S. I don't know anyone your weight that goes with M bibs.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've noticed this too... Overall I'd agree that Castelli fits smallish compared to US cuts, but in particular the tops are cut extra tight in the shoulders relative to the mid-torso (and I say that as a guy who doesn't have big arms/shoulders). Picture the difference between 2 guys who are both 6-1 & 175, but the first guy looks like a surfwear model, vs the 2nd guy who really should be 6-1 / 160 except is toting around an extra 15lbs of middle-aged beer gut. The first guy would probably be a Large in Pearl Izumi but need to size up to XL in Castelli, while the second guy would probably be fine w/ the Lg Castelli.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also 6'3 and around 185ish with a swimmer build.

I wear Medium bibs and Large jersey in the Aero Race. It fits tight, but my sizing is the same that I wear in Squadra.

Fit and quality is the best in my opinion. Hard to find the right fit when you are tall and fit with wider shoulders, and Castelli is as close as I have gotten to a perfect fit so far.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 5-11, 168.

I have the 2016 San Reno, got a medium but had to size down to a small.

This year I got the SR in yellow/black and the small was a real small, thus needed a medium. Castillo moved manufacturing in late 2016 thus the difference I imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli sizing [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
I've noticed this too... Overall I'd agree that Castelli fits smallish compared to US cuts, but in particular the tops are cut extra tight in the shoulders relative to the mid-torso (and I say that as a guy who doesn't have big arms/shoulders). Picture the difference between 2 guys who are both 6-1 & 175, but the first guy looks like a surfwear model, vs the 2nd guy who really should be 6-1 / 160 except is toting around an extra 15lbs of middle-aged beer gut. The first guy would probably be a Large in Pearl Izumi but need to size up to XL in Castelli, while the second guy would probably be fine w/ the Lg Castelli.

Yeah, I'm 5'11", 180lbs, with the typical swimmer's broad shoulders and muscular pecs. I couldn't zip a large Castelli jersey past my sternum. Even in the extra large, it's a very snug fit.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 6, 17 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
issue that isnt considered with charts is the fabric. some stretch so well and some never really do.

Pactimos chart compared to castellis would run smaller than castelli for small by a cm in all measurements

Castelli and Pactimo are essentially the same.
Medium
Chest 37.8 vs 38
Waist 33 vs 32
Hips 38.5 vs 38

Size charts denote "intention".
Our fit models would be "Mediums" in our size chart. Thus when we're fitting, we're fitting to the hypothetical middle of that range. Therefore, our apparel ought to be able to also work for those slightly bigger and smaller than the fit model. (And yes, we have models for other sizes, not just medium).

Castelli tends to fit small compared to many other brands. Considering their size chart, this seams intentional as I'm a solid medium but find their fit more snug than other brands.

If you are fairly snug Medium in Brand A - You'll be quite Snug in Castelli Medium. If that is OK, stay with the same size in each
If you are quite snug in Brand A - You'll be incredible snug in Castelli, which means you'll probably need to size up
If you are fairly snug in Brand A and want to be fairly snug in Castelli - Size up.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply