Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....?
Quote | Reply
From Challenge to ITU stuff to Super League. As long as they can keep the entry fee under a hundred bucks...I'm in!

Otherwise, as an old-timer who has been in Penticton the last Sunday in August for the past twenty seven years, hearing at about 7 AM Steve King's voice say "A Long-Distance Triathlon in the South Okanagan" I'm gonna have trouble turning the page.

Maybe us dinosaurs do something grassroots that last weekend in August.

• A few laps between the Big Peach and the Sicamous will make the swim.
  • "We" all know the REAL bike course, Big Peach to the Husky in Osoyoos, water stop, Richter Pass to the Esso in Keremeous, water stop, roll it back to the Big Peach.
  • Run could be Peach, Channel Parkway, Skaha Lake walkway, water stop, along East Side to OK Falls, water stop at the park, add a few k, another water stop for the trip back to Penticton, return to Peach, happiness ensues.

Plus, we could have some REAL F____king t-shirts for a change.

I'm thinking there's enough of us old, fit, crazy bastards out there to make this work.

Ideas/comments/questions/scorn ?????

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in highschool when Peter Reid and Lori Bowden were putting on clinics at the old IMC. I was in awe of the course and that was what drew me in to triathlon. I never got to race the Penticton version of IMC but one day I want to do that bike ride.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old, fit, and crazy are all subjective, so I may not qualify.

But, I would come race just to see the course. Maybe it really is so awesome that I'll have no choice but stop rolling my eyes every time I read someone claim that IMC participation #s would go up if the race moved back there.
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the "us" I am referring to:

• Have done the course (*classic version) a number of times.
  • Would have the fitness at the drop of a hat to complete/compete/participate the event, in some sort of safe fashion.
  • Realize that it doesn't take a corporation, hedge fund, or international "stakeholders" to do cool shit with like minded people, in a amazing venue.

I think the "we" could make IT happen!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking there's enough of us old, fit, crazy bastards out there to make this work.

if there was enough of the above Challenge would have worked.

time to turn the page.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean an off the grid kind of race? Who ever shows up shows up and you deal with your own support? That kind of thing?
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

if there was enough of the above Challenge would have worked.

time to turn the page.

Yeah, BUT you could have enough old fit like minded people to get together to just do a group training day covering the distance on that course "just because it is there". Might be 10, might be 20, might be 40. Self supported, just go have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so just another Saturday training day in Penticton then?

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
so just another Saturday training day in Penticton then?

That sounds about right....kind of like Saturday in Lake Placid or Tremblant! A gong show of lycra clogging up traffic pissing off locals LOL!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If we can have the post race refreshments at Salty's I am there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...you bastages just made me look up airfares. Seriously...

...compensating my lack of fitness with inadequate strength and endurance...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! Did IMC 10 times from 2000 to 2012 and haven't found a race interesting enough to attend ever since... I still go back every spring for a couple of weeks of biking and really miss that classic IM course.
Quote Reply
Re: The circus returns to Penticton - A Micheal Brown production - take three, or just maybe....? [ReTrieD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Referring to the Challenge comment, I think you are missing my point. It's NOT about profit margins or such stuff. As such there is no NEED for numbers. I'd peg success at six participants. I'm pretty sure the locals in the area wouldn't be too concerned. This thing is building steam! Who else is in?

Quote Reply