Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spacer for Zipp wheel
Quote | Reply
I have a 10-speed cassette and am wondering if I can get a Zipp 808 11 speed wheel, and use a "spacer." Does the spacer in any way limit performance or shifting ability? Is it difficult to install? Where exactly does it go... next to the small sprocket or the larger one? Any fitting concerns I should be aware of?
Quote Reply
Re: Spacer for Zipp wheel [CTYankee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep !

10 speed spacers are pretty easy to find.

You put it on the freehub BEFORE the cassette- so it's next to the big sprocket

Simples

LG
Quote Reply
Re: Spacer for Zipp wheel [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A zipp 11 speed 808 will come with the spacer - I'm pretty sure mine did anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Spacer for Zipp wheel [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the chain ever get caught between the big sprocket and the wheel with the spacer in, due to the bigger gap? Just wondering if it might be a problem if I overshift past the big sprocket by accident...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't have to adjust my limit screws when I added a wheel with a spacer but just check and make sure and you should be fine.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CTYankee wrote:
I have a 10-speed cassette and am wondering if I can get a Zipp 808 11 speed wheel, and use a "spacer." Does the spacer in any way limit performance or shifting ability? Is it difficult to install? Where exactly does it go... next to the small sprocket or the larger one? Any fitting concerns I should be aware of?

Also note that if you are running a Shimano 10sp cassette you'll also need to use a 1mm freehub spacer in addition to the 10 to 11 1.8ish mm spacer.
Quote Reply