Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judy Dench, "I walked in and I saw Harvey, I dropped my pants and showed him my, "I love HW tattoo on my bum"". Meryl Streep, "If everyone knew I am sure all the Hollywood investigative reporters and hard news people would have reported it" Sure Meryl ....

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Judy Dench, "I walked in and I saw Harvey, I dropped my pants and showed him my, "I love HW tattoo on my bum"". Meryl Streep, "If everyone knew I am sure all the Hollywood investigative reporters and hard news people would have reported it" Sure Meryl ....

Pretty much everyone is saying Streep's mealy mouthing over the episode illustrates how full of merde she is.

And Kate ("Titanic," "Sense and Sensibility," etc.) Winslet's statement on Weinstein is ironic, considering she eagerly chose to work with Roman Polanski on his Carnage film (the director's also been wildly applauded by Streep).

The child rapist hasn't been able to come to the US in decades, for fear of being immediately arrested over the crime, to which he pleaded guilty but fled the country before full imposition of his sentence.

Winslet herself is next starring in a film for Woody Allen, whose own indiscretions with his stepdaughter -- the adopted child of actress Mia Farrow, who at the time was Allen's wife -- are well-known. She's on record defending both of the men, as well.

Eh, the love of filthy lucre, fame and recognition knows no bounds, it seems.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
https://www.steynonline.com/8169/contradictions-and-condescension

Steyn is spot on, as always.

Most of these Hollywood types love to virtue signal and hold the rest of us to moral standards and behavioral requirements that almost none of them are willing to come close to observing in their own lives. They're the ultimate scolds, yelling at us to do as they say but not do as they do, it seems.

Why anyone would take seriously a single thing any of them has to say is beyond me.

At this point, I'm more inclined to hold them all in the same esteem in which they were held in Elizabethan, England: As entertaining bands of wastrels and ne'er do wells who could turn a phrase and act boldly on the stage, but in which none were entrusted with anything remotely to do with public governance or the setting of public morals. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Anything to get the part. Eh, Dame Judy? ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rose McGowan's twitter account has been suspended. They say that she broke one of the twitter rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
len wrote:

Pretty much everyone is saying Streep's mealy mouthing over the episode illustrates how full of merde she is.

And Kate ("Titanic," "Sense and Sensibility," etc.) Winslet's statement on Weinstein is ironic, considering she eagerly chose to work with Roman Polanski on his Carnage film (the director's also been wildly applauded by Streep).

The child rapist hasn't been able to come to the US in decades, for fear of being immediately arrested over the crime, to which he pleaded guilty but fled the country before full imposition of his sentence.

Winslet herself is next starring in a film for Woody Allen, whose own indiscretions with his stepdaughter -- the adopted child of actress Mia Farrow, who at the time was Allen's wife -- are well-known. She's on record defending both of the men, as well.

Eh, the love of filthy lucre, fame and recognition knows no bounds, it seems.
I love Meryl Streep...listen, I'm a fan of movies but have never been to Hollywood and live on the East Coast, and even I had heard rumor of these allegations against Weinstein, you read enough about movies and watch award shows and some things trickle out. Complete and utter bullshit that a Hollywood queen of fifty years like Streep didn't know exactly what Weinstein was up to.

The 'elite' in Hollywood are a bunch of hypocritical gasbags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a fair number of conservatives who preach one thing (pro life) in public and another (mistress get an abortion) in private

I am not sure they should be trusted anymore than actors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Most of these Hollywood types love to virtue signal and hold the rest of us to moral standards and behavioral requirements that almost none of them are willing to come close to observing in their own lives. They're the ultimate scolds, yelling at us to do as they say but not do as they do, it seems.

Why anyone would take seriously a single thing any of them has to say is beyond me.

At this point, I'm more inclined to hold them all in the same esteem in which they were held in Elizabethan, England: As entertaining bands of wastrels and ne'er do wells who could turn a phrase and act boldly on the stage, but in which none were entrusted with anything remotely to do with public governance or the setting of public morals. ;-)

Why are they any different than sports stars, politicians, etc? All of them are humans. Fallible. It's the American/world public that give them this unreasonable power. It's the reason we have a reality star for a president. We entrust them them with entirely too much influence. For what reason?
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Why are they any different than sports stars, politicians, etc? All of them are humans. Fallible. It's the American/world public that give them this unreasonable power. It's the reason we have a reality star for a president. We entrust them them with entirely too much influence. For what reason?

All humans are fallible and none are perfect. Some may have perfect intentions, of course. But the virtue signaling out of Hollywood -- with a cavalcade of stars telling us how we should think and act, all while behaving in exactly the opposite manner themselves -- is what irks many.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What like christian pro life conservatives with secret boyfriends or who get mistresses to have abortions

That kind of virtue signalling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
What like christian pro life conservatives with secret boyfriends or who get mistresses to have abortions

That kind of virtue signalling?

That, too.

What, you think I'd jump to the defense of any of that? And have you seen me playing any of the partisan politics stuff since my return from exile? ;-)

Why don't we just agree that the hypocrisy -- on BOTH sides -- is quite acute?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently I'm behind on pop culture. I've never felt Hollywood is trying to tell me what to do and think. They certainly lean left and do stupid things to prove that. I tend to look at it for what it is, them trying to be relevant with their intended purpose, entertainment. Does that mean their subliminal messages already have me in their grasp?!
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fallible: A cute new word to excuse and or describe a sexual harassing rapist.
It is NOT a "mistake" when you go out of your way to sexually harasses or rape a woman.

Another fake social justice liberal warrior.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that mean yer Dear Leader buddy is fallible too?
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
It is NOT a "mistake" when you go out of your way to sexually harasses or rape a woman.

Nice cherry pic!! Lebron, is that you? Please tell me you really didn't think that word was being used to describe this disgusting excuse for a man. Context. It has a purpose.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Does that mean yer Dear Leader buddy is fallible too?

What "dear leader" is that, sir? You mean the Orange-Haired Wonder? Felonia Von Pantsuit? I voted Johnson/Weld in 2016, so-called "binary choice" be damned. ;-)

So show me on any thread here since I've been back where I've advocated for any specific politician's polices or positions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:

Fallibility exists within every human. Such fallibility can lead men and women to commit grievous harm to others, as Weinstein so obviously has done. Whether that emanates from what legal scholars would call "mens rea" ("bad mind," or "depraved mind") or not is also a question for such experts. Or maybe what he did arose from megalomania? It's something to consider.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but Trump . . .

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next