Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental Grand Prix TT performance when wet?
Quote | Reply
 We may get the first rain from hurricane Nate Saturday morning during a sprint race. How much worse is my preferred TT over the 4000SII when wet?

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT performance when wet? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be the same.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT performance when wet? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
We may get the first rain from hurricane Nate Saturday morning during a sprint race. How much worse is my preferred TT over the 4000SII when wet?

I have tubs on my TT bike now, but raced Cont TTs for the last seasons and my roadie has 4000SIIs. I found the TTs to have a little less grip and almost came off a few times, once when I gently accelerated out of a roundabout in wet, windy conditions. I was surprised that it gave way like it did when I was only doing 10km/hr. That said shitloads of people went down at that roundabout and it is notorious , so I'm guessing grippier tyres would have also struggled. I really rate the GP TT though, really fast and never had a flat in 2 seasons. Also got way more mileage out of them than is typically suggested. If I was doing a sprint with a lot of corners in the wet, I'd definitely think about something else, but a 70.3/IM with a couple of turn around points would be no issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it’s wet I use the TT over the Supersonic because of the flat protection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT has the same compound as the GP4000S II as far as I know. I'd run the GP TT and lower your air pressure a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used a TT as a front tire on several wet training days this summer with out any problems. It did not seem any different than my previous GP4k. I run it at 90 psi up front.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT performance when wet? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
once when I gently accelerated out of a roundabout in wet, windy conditions. I was surprised that it gave way like it did when I was only doing 10km/hr. That said shitloads of people went down at that roundabout and it is notorious , so I'm guessing grippier tyres would have also struggled.

I'd second that, on the front once you can get some load onto it they're good.

But be real careful as you come out of a corner getting on the power, especially so if you're off-camber.
Quote Reply