Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?)
Quote | Reply
Morning All,

I've been tinkering with the watts/kg feature on strava premium. And it appears that no matter what I set my weight to (in settings) the watts/kg remains the same.

Is this a bug?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?) [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you changing KG just on your profile? I would assume it would only change future rides not previous ones. It should keep watts/kg the same unless you can change it for a specific ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?) [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Are you changing KG just on your profile? I would assume it would only change future rides not previous ones. It should keep watts/kg the same unless you can change it for a specific ride.

I don't think so. From all I've read this is a common complaint about strava in that it recalculates all history when you change you FTP. Would assume it does the same for watts/kg.

Unless someone knows better...

Quote Reply
Re: Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?) [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the Watts per KG scale on the Power Curve chart?

I should imagine Strava saves the weight that your profile specified at the time each activity was uploaded; it makes no sense to go back and recalculate all the historical data each time you update your weight.

Edited to add: just seen your comment above. It's still not clear where you're looking at these W kg-1 values, but if it's anything to do with a historical activity (e.g. power-duration PBs) then it should be based on your weight at that time, not what it is now. I don't know how Strava actually do it, but for once it seems like they're doing it the sensible way.
Last edited by: awenborn: Oct 5, 17 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?) [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:

I should imagine Strava saves the weight that your profile specified at the time each activity was uploaded; it makes no sense to go back and recalculate all the historical data each time you update your weight.

See above response. Common complaint for strava as far as FTP goes. Unsure about watts/kg.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
misha1809 wrote:
awenborn wrote:

See above response. Common complaint for strava as far as FTP goes. Unsure about watts/kg.

It would seem to me that you don't have to be unsure anymore
Quote Reply
Re: Strava and Watts/KG (um...doesnt weight play a factor?) [ghw223] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghw223 wrote:
misha1809 wrote:
awenborn wrote:

It would seem to me that you don't have to be unsure anymore

Would not state "unsure..." unless I was, thus requesting information from knowledgeable individuals in said subject matter. If not the latter, feel free to not reply with < than useful quips.

Quote Reply