Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [Ringmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems that Scientific American agrees with your assessment:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-melting-arctic-ice/

I used the search string "thermal expansion vs ice melt impact on sea level rise" and came up with some good hits.

Tip of the hat to Mr. Duffy as well - absolutely correct that thermal expansion plays a not insignificant role in sea level rise (approx. 1.1 mm rise out of 3.2 mm net avg rise/yr according to the linked article above).

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
Seems that Scientific American agrees with your assessment:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-melting-arctic-ice/

I used the search string "thermal expansion vs ice melt impact on sea level rise" and came up with some good hits.

Tip of the hat to Mr. Duffy as well - absolutely correct that thermal expansion plays a not insignificant role in sea level rise (approx. 1.1 mm rise out of 3.2 mm net avg rise/yr according to the linked article above).

So we're not all in danger of drowning tomorrow, right? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not too familiar with guns, and even I cringe listening to reporters talking about them. It's like listening to a grandma trying to speak jive, although this lady pulls it off quite nicely:

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Oct 5, 17 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I'm not too familiar with guns, and even I cringe listening to reporters talking about them. It's like listening to a grandma trying to speak jive, although this lady pulls it off quite nicely:

That's an awesome scene!

Last edited by: big kahuna: Oct 5, 17 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Leave it to you to not know who that lady is.
Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Leave it to you to not know who that lady is.

"Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night." ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to Google it. She seemed vaguely familiar, but I want sure where from.

She was famous for starring in a show that ended when I was 4 years old, and we didn't have a TV until I was 8.

Shall I get off your lawn now, old geezer?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

She was famous for starring in a show that ended when I was 4 years old, and we didn't have a TV until I was 8.

She was a hottie back in the day, Ted Kaczinski. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: According to CBS News, There Are "Automatic Rounds" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Ted Kaczinski. ;-)

That's the guy who played Beaver, right??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

And that black guy pilot who was pretty good at basketball? It's not just your mis-identification of Beaver's Mom in a cameo role, it's your not being aware that Airplane! was chocked-full of cameos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

And that black guy pilot who was pretty good at basketball? It's not just your mis-identification of Beaver's Mom in a cameo role, it's your not being aware that Airplane! was chocked-full of cameos.

I know who Kareem Abdul jabar, the co-pilot, is.
I've seen that movie probably a dozen times. I probably don't know some of the cameos but know quite a few.

Quote Reply

Prev Next