Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does anyone else's wife [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A member of my household is prone to putting their dirty laundry on the floor under the laundry chute..
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Every damn day. Also not uncommon, in cases where she remembers we have a dishwasher, for her to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher that has just been run and not emptied yet, so that the whole lot has to get cleaned again.

D'Wife has the amazing ability to engineer massive inverted pyramids of dirty dishes [small cups on the bottom, dinner plates and large bowls on the top] while amusingly glancing at a vacant dishwasher beside her

Don't even get me started on laundry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me tell you how to fix this.... Roaches. Pour some roaches down the sink and tell her it's because they are looking for food peels and other trash items left in the sink. She'll get the hint.

Oh and come back here next week and I'll tell you how to rid your house of roaches. Baby steps, my man. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Yup.

Also, she never shuts up.

But I love her more than life itself.

I play this full blast some times to send my wife a message..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxC9-PJfyKo

sometimes
Last edited by: mustangchef: Oct 4, 17 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Mrs. Mck414 can watch me clean the kitchen sink out, know the dishwasher is empty and immediately put her dirty dishes in the clean, empty sink. Drives me nuts, but I wouldn't trade her in for anything.

Start drinking milk from the carton and putting it back in the fridge...

Oh I've been doing that in front of her since we met. Unfortunately, she drinks skim, I won't touch that shit. 2% or whole milk for the win!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Don't get me started on the hair in in shower trap.[/quote]
There is so much hair in our shower trap that it looks like a dead mouse.

Then she wonders why it drains do slow and the shower floor is sticky from soap scum.

I either shower at the gym or in the guest room shower.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Don't get me started on the hair in in shower trap.

There is so much hair in our shower trap that it looks like a dead mouse.

Then she wonders why it drains do slow and the shower floor is sticky from soap scum.

I either shower at the gym or in the guest room shower.[/quote]

Last time I fished that nasty wad of hair out I left it on the bathroom sink. For some reason she did not think it was nearly as funny as I did.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Oct 4, 17 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:
I've tried that one. I shoved all her shit to her side of the bathroom vanity. It didn't work. I was just the ass for the day

Consistency, and don’t apologize- you are in the right here. This is simple conditioning.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
wimsey wrote:
Every damn day. Also not uncommon, in cases where she remembers we have a dishwasher, for her to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher that has just been run and not emptied yet, so that the whole lot has to get cleaned again.

D'Wife has the amazing ability to engineer massive inverted pyramids of dirty dishes [small cups on the bottom, dinner plates and large bowls on the top] while amusingly glancing at a vacant dishwasher beside her

My wife's sister does this to my brother in law all the time. One day he said to her, "what is neither of us ever put anything in the dishwasher?" She said (totally without getting the pointed insinuation), "that would be terrible, it's is a good thing you do it all the time" - no shame whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elvis Runner wrote:
Everyone in our house does their own laundry. My wife, and probably at least one of my teenage daughters will remove the lint from the dryer filter, and then set it on top of the dryer. Over a week or two, the lint just piles up. The garbage can is five fucking feet away.
Don't get me started on the hair in in shower trap.

Next time everyone sits down to dinner, place the lint on top of the entree. Explain that the standard is to place the lint in the trash. Then leave and buy yourself a steak dinner. They’ll figure it out.

Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Let me tell you how to fix this.... Roaches. Pour some roaches down the sink and tell her it's because they are looking for food peels and other trash items left in the sink. She'll get the hint.

Oh and come back here next week and I'll tell you how to rid your house of roaches. Baby steps, my man. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

I like your style. Some people simply need to be taught that actions have consequences and poor behavior will not be tolerated.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's possible that I am your brother in law, because that sounds all too familiar.

My wife also refuses to put her laundry away and lives from piles. I have no clue how she determines what's clean because I take her dirty crap from the master bathroom floor and just throw it on top of the existing piles...and she hasn't actually hung up or put something in her drawers in at least 3 years, didn't even notice when I commandeered a drawer she wasn't using. Probably couldn't hang anything anyway since her part of the closet is burgeoning. My laundry goes from the dirties hamper to being put away within 24 hours. I don't mind doing it and offered to do 100% of our children's laundry. But she refuses and then gets theirs mixed up in her shit so I can't find their clothes unless I make a strategic interception. I'm probably the one guy who offers this working wive's dream -- doing all laundry except for her clothing, and she refuses out of some sense of misplaced pride and an inability to admit that she just sucks at it. I don't have time or the years left for misplaced pride anymore, so I'll gladly abdicate certain responsibilities to those more willing or hire-able...which I've happily done.

The Guardian wrote:
RandMart wrote:
wimsey wrote:

My wife's sister does this to my brother in law all the time. One day he said to her, "what is neither of us ever put anything in the dishwasher?" She said (totally without getting the pointed insinuation), "that would be terrible, it's is a good thing you do it all the time" - no shame whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:
I've tried that one. I shoved all her shit to her side of the bathroom vanity. It didn't work. I was just the ass for the day

When we remodeled our 3rd floor, including the bathroom, the missus insisted we had to have a double vanity. A couple years on, I now understand it was just to give her twice the space to strew haircare and makeup shit everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This style?

Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try putting all of her shit in a box as haphazardly as she leaves it on the vanity. Continue doing it until she gets the hint.

But wear a cup every time you do this and for the subsequent 24 hours. Only remove it if you're alone behind closed doors.

WelshinPhilly wrote:
MLCRISES wrote:

When we remodeled our 3rd floor, including the bathroom, the missus insisted we had to have a double vanity. A couple years on, I now understand it was just to give her twice the space to strew haircare and makeup shit everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
My wife will load up the garbage disposal side of the sink with dirty dishes, so if I want to clean anything, I have to remove them before I can run the disposal. The bitch!

Mine does this as well. Will fill dirty pots and bowls with water then set them in the disposal side. So when I go to clean the kitchen I get to deal with a tower of nasty goo just to get access to the sink those dishes can be washed in. Not sure why it wouldn't make sense to stack them in the non-disposal side.

She also really enjoys stacking things on the bench in our closet that I sit on to put my shoes on. She was not a fan when she went to bed one night and found the stack of random shite under the blankets on her side. Apparently neither amusing or effective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on the road a lot this summer. My wife can't use the riding lawn mower without breaking it. I mean it is ridiculous. I've used it for 12 years with no problems except for having to replace the battery every few years and patching a flat tire.

If she uses it three times, something is going to break at least one of those times. The first time she used it, she ran over a piece of rebar and broke something. She's gone through two batteries this year and driven it into a ditch. The last time she hit something so hard that it bent metal and threw the belt that powers the mower deck. I was going to replace the belt but noticed that a gear and a pulley are bent. How does she do that?

She comes by it honestly. Her mother bought a John Deere riding mower about 5 years ago and it is already trashed. She has torn up the deck and rolled the tire off the rim because she didn't realize that the tires can actually go flat.

I was thinking about buying a nice zero turn mower (we have 2 acres to cut) - but I don't want my wife anywhere near one. I've decided to just pay my daughter to cut the grass with a push mower. She can use the exercise and the fresh air - so it will be a win-win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
MLCRISES wrote:

This is us now... spending I don't know how many 10s of $1000s on remodeling so we can have more shelves & cabinets, etc. I keep trying to point out how many shelves & cabinets we currently have that weren't enough, just like the next wave won't ever be enough, because the problem is behavioral rather than structural. For me, the pet peeve above all others (limited to the bathroom, leaving the kitchen/laundry/garage out of it for now) is when she leaves one of her corded appliances plugged in and laid on the middle of our vanity so that the cord is in the way of my one drawer rather than off to either side. I've complained about it enough times that now I just open my drawer as though the cord isn't there, so then when it pulls the cord and her hair iron/dryer/electric toothbrush gets yanked onto the floor, I continue on about my business and just fucking leave it on the floor like I somehow failed to notice; of course then next time she comes in she asks incredulously why her shit's on the floor. Gee, I wonder....
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My "ex" wife was a live out of a pile of clothes. There would be 3-4 piles sometimes. God I hated that woman!

During our separation, she moved out and only took a few of her things. First thing on my list was bagging all her shit up and disposing of it at the local dump. Hard telling how many thousands of $ in clothes I threw out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife does a lot of shit that gets on my nerves...but she's pretty hot and makes more $ than me so I am willing to look past all of her pain in the assery!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
MLCRISES wrote:

We have two different vanities. Mine is several inches taller so that I don't have to bend down to use it. That was my idea. I've made that comment that my wife doesn't use a bathroom, she inhabits it.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
My wife does a lot of shit that gets on my nerves...but she's pretty hot and makes more $ than me so I am willing to look past all of her pain in the assery!

Well said.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else's wife [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
SkipG wrote:
307trout wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
think the sink is a garbage can, and just leave garbage in it all the time?

Like if she peels carrots, she does it into the sink for some reason, and then just leaves it.

Or if she pulls a stale yogurt container out of the fridge to be tossed, she will just put it in the sink and forget about it.

This morning I found an empty OJ container in the sink after she left for work.

Makes me crazy!

You should try witholding sex until she improves her behavior.
currently in this process, not getting desired results.

Been withholding sex for just over a month now. I don't think she has noticed.

Chris, change of tact needed....need I say more....
Quote Reply

Prev Next