Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tom Petty apparently won't back down [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
monty wrote:
You have to give the drug companies credit for one thing: they did a masterful selling job when it came to opioid//

No kidding, and a perfect example of why we need government involved in some areas of business. Free market, sure its free until you die from some corporations greed one day. IF ever there was a need for big Government intervention, but it seems they are just hiring all those overpaid govt employees(and paying them a lot more) and confusing the situation. Even to the point that our legislators are voting in their favors without even knowing it..

This will be a very sad footnote in our history when it is over and people will be wondering WTF??

The drug companies didn't do this alone. Big government was in deep with this too.

Big Gov has certainly been complicit, but you think they just invented shit out of the blue without being on Big Pharma's campaign payroll? Congress pretty much let Big Pharma's lobbyists write their own Medicare part D prescription plan legislation, much like Cheney's oil industry cronies getting consulted to formulate Energy policy or the mining lobby getting to help write the new rules for EPA & Dept of Interior. Congress and the cabinet-level regulatory appointees pretty much just do whatever bidding they're paid to.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Petty apparently won't back down [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That fentanyl stuff is scary shit! We had a prosecuting attorney come in and talk to my Rotary Club a few months ago, he gave a presentation on what drugs were in our community. Knowing how deadly fentanyl is I couldn't fathom how anyone would want to touch it. Just a few granules can kill you, it's insane.

I watched that "Dope" docuseries this past weekend. Was crazy to hear the drug addicts say they wanted the fentanyl, and to hear the dealers say they couldn't sell heroin without it anymore cause no one would buy it. Glad the strongest thing I ever tried was a bit of weed. I still don't understand how people can want this garbage, but it must be pretty damn powerful for them to watch someone die on it and then shoot up anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Petty apparently won't back down [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
50+ wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
50+ wrote:
Fuck fentanyl!

My wife runs a nursing unit. There have been a few instances in her unit of nurses getting busted stealing fentanyl patches and in a couple cases, taking USED patches from patients and making a tea with them.

I've smoked a ton of weed dropped some acid and tried a few other things but who the hell thinks of this?

My misdiagnosed bi-polar coke whore girlfriend used to run bong water through a coffee filter to make her own hash [so she thought]

Druggies can be rather ingenious when need be

I bet she scraped the inside of the bong slide tube as well. A friend told me that's the best THC high you can get.
Quote Reply
Re: Tom Petty apparently won't back down [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
RandMart wrote:
50+ wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
50+ wrote:
Fuck fentanyl!

My wife runs a nursing unit. There have been a few instances in her unit of nurses getting busted stealing fentanyl patches and in a couple cases, taking USED patches from patients and making a tea with them.

I've smoked a ton of weed dropped some acid and tried a few other things but who the hell thinks of this?

My misdiagnosed bi-polar coke whore girlfriend used to run bong water through a coffee filter to make her own hash [so she thought]

Druggies can be rather ingenious when need be

I bet she scraped the inside of the bong slide tube as well. A friend told me that's the best THC high you can get.

I don't get this obsession with getting high. What's the big attraction that leads to such dependency?

I've drunk more than my fair share of booze over the decades (and not even that in a long while) but I don't think "drunk" is the same as "high," is it? I've never done dope or any other illicit drugs, so I can't speak from experience about it, though.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next