Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Jonkoping (Sweden)
Quote | Reply
Seriously considering this race for next year and the registration just opened up. Anyone know if this one sells out and how fast?

Quote | Reply
Over 50% in first day or two. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out in a couple of weeks

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Jonkoping (Sweden) [Gervs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race, highly recommended.

Maybe the most spectators I've seen come & watch a 70.3, ever. The course is fantastic, and the vibe & downtown locale just as good.

http://www.josh-amberger.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Jonkoping (Sweden) [Gervs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about this. I'm going to be "over there" already for the Lahti 70.3 the week before. We are going from Helsinki, to Stockholm, then to Copenhagen. Jonkoping is on the way from Stockholm to Copenhagen.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Jonkoping (Sweden) [hey_burgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey_burgs wrote:
Great race, highly recommended.

Maybe the most spectators I've seen come & watch a 70.3, ever. The course is fantastic, and the vibe & downtown locale just as good.

Thanks a lot. That's what it looked like from videos and pictures. Looks like an amazing city. You headed back in 2018?

Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I'm thinking about this. I'm going to be "over there" already for the Lahti 70.3 the week before. We are going from Helsinki, to Stockholm, then to Copenhagen. Jonkoping is on the way from Stockholm to Copenhagen.

Yes, I think Jonkoping is roughly half way between those two cities (maybe 3 hours from each). Trying to figure out flights and logistics before pulling the trigger. Actually the Multisport World Champ's weekend in in Fyn, Denmark that weekend as well. Thought it might be cool to hit the Sprint Duathlon a couple days before the 70.3 just for fun (because I'm in the neighbourhood).

Quote | Reply
I haven't registered for the race yet but I did book two hotel rooms.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Jonkoping (Sweden) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN, did you pull the trigger on Sweden?
I'm leaving Saturday.

Quote | Reply
Gervs wrote:
GMAN, did you pull the trigger on Sweden?
I'm leaving Saturday.

The short answer is yes.

The longer version is I’m not racing that or Lahti this past weekend. Main reason was cost of flights. I could not find flights cheaper than $2,000 per ticket and I needed to buy four. I’m not hurting for money or anything but on principle alone I wasn’t paying $8,000 just to get there. Then I had two weeks of hotels, food, entertainment, etc. Second reason for no Jonkoping was that my wife found out she had to be at a work meeting on Monday the 9th. So I would have missed Jonkoping anyway.

I also had a bike crash about six weeks ago which would have knocked me out of both races anyway. I couldn’t run for four weeks and I still can’t bike or swim because of damage to my hand, elbow, and shoulder.

So we did a cruise to Alaska last week and I am currently typing this from my hotel room in Whistler, where we are staying for week two of the vacation. So some lemonade out of lemons.

Quote Reply