Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Feel-Good NFL Story (Houston Texans Rookie QB Deshaun Watson)
Quote | Reply
I make no secret of the fact I find the NFL players taking a knee for the national anthem to be silly and counterproductive (just as I find the Orange-Haired Wonder's remarks about it to be the same). But all is not bad when it comes to the NFL if this story about Houston Texans rookie QB Deshaun Watson is any indication.

Watson, who led the Clemson Tigers to last year's NCAA Division I college football championship, is now the starting quarterback in Houston and he earned a $27,000 paycheck for his first game. Nice money if you can get it, right? Well, Mr. Watson had plans for that cash, it seems.

Taking it, he divided the amount into three equal parts of $9,000 each and donated that money to three different cafeteria workers at the Texans' facility. They'd lost all their possessions when their homes were flooded by Hurricane Harvey. "Anything else y'all need, I'm there to help," Watson told the women.

While the rookie QB isn't the norm among NFL players, or the general public for that matter, there are actually more than a few NFLers who engage in charitable giving of some note. For example, a number of current and former Washington Redskins players contribute generous amounts of money to worthy causes in and around the D.C. area.

Good on Deshuan Watson -- who's actually paying forward a good deed done for him and his family nearly a dozen years ago by NFLer Warrick Dunn. Not every pro ballplayer is a heel and many no doubt have charitable impulses, as it turns out.

Deshaun Watson gives first game check to Hurricane Harvey victims | Fox News

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: A Feel-Good NFL Story (Houston Texans Rookie QB Deshaun Watson) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't go anywhere BK. That is just what I needed to read. Ignoring the rest of it as I'm sick of the other issue.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply