Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The US Navy's Decaying Shipyards: A Threat to the Hoped-For 355-Ship Fleet [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
CW in NH wrote:
They were more missles than conventional rounds. GPS loaded on the fly, first round would take a long “rainbow” path and the last would be more of a “rifle shot” = no target hardening. System worked and was through OT, AFAIK but was just too expensive. I moved on after LRIP.

I used to do that to my brother in snowball fights. Lob a couple high ones from behind cover, then stand up and throw some fastballs. The idea was that he'd leave cover to return fire, and get hit by the slow, high ones. Never really worked that well, but maybe I should've patented the idea. :-)

Heh. That's kind of a time on target (TOT) artillery attack, just with all the TOT ordnance coming from a single source point. You were a cannon cocker artilleryman back then and didn't even know it. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: The US Navy's Decaying Shipyards: A Threat to the Hoped-For 355-Ship Fleet [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to come out of retirement ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: The US Navy's Decaying Shipyards: A Threat to the Hoped-For 355-Ship Fleet [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Time to come out of retirement ?

Heh. It certainly worked against the aliens. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next