Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2.5 billion in unpaid taxes may come back to the US!
Quote | Reply
While greedily rubbing their hands in glee planning to spend all that new found tax money, I wonder if they've ever considered unintended consequences? Head offices get moved all the time.
http://www.investopedia.com/...-big-fromtax-reform/
Quote Reply
Re: 2.5 billion in unpaid taxes may come back to the US! [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your subject line is wrong
Quote Reply
Re: 2.5 billion in unpaid taxes may come back to the US! [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe its $250 billion in cash coming back. That cash would have been saved from after-tax earnings, taxed in the country where the income was earned.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Sep 28, 17 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: 2.5 billion in unpaid taxes may come back to the US! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm skimmed the article. Need to reread I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's an ambiguously written article which isn't uncommon for investment articles. My reading is that there are $2.5 trillion in untaxed overseas profits, and it looks like $920 billion of that is in cash. The implication is that the cash will be easier and quicker to repatriate and pay taxes on than the remaining $2.5 trillion. However, it's unclear what final mixture of measures any company is going to take when/if corporate taxes are reduced to 20%. If the companies aren't planning to use that money here immediately then it may not make sense to quickly repatriate and pay taxes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need to reread I guess.

I think you can read it a number of times and it will still be hard to follow. Like all tax proposals, the devil is in the details so quick sound bytes might appear good but it's not so simple.

Quote Reply